Tropicana Field Redevelopment

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/arti...x?storyid=71482

I don't know if anyone has any interest in this. I kind of do just b/c Hines has a good chance of being the developer.

They intend to tear down Tropicana Field and build a mixed-use area in place of it. This article mentions the pictures the city has been showing is of the ones Hines has done. I can't seem to find them though. Maybe someone has seen them already?

Edited by lockmat

Tropicana Field is pretty new, isn't it? And they're talking about replacing it already?

I don't know if it's new or not. It looks pretty crappy on tv, at least the inside of it. I've never seen an outside view of it.

They're talking about building a new stadium on the water front.

To answer my own question, it broke ground in 1986 and was finished in 1990. It sat empty for a while, was the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) for a while (it was called the Thunderdome then) and then Tampa finally got an MLB team.

To answer my own question, it broke ground in 1986 and was finished in 1990. It sat empty for a while, was the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) for a while (it was called the Thunderdome then) and then Tampa finally got an MLB team.

Ahhh...never knew that. That must have been pretty weird to watch a hockey game in there. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the Rays will be history just like their stadium. I hate expansion.

• The title was changed to Tropicana Field Redevelopment