Looking For A Yo-yo Store In Houston

That magical day has finally arrived. It's time to buy my daughter her first yo-yo. Plus daddy needs at least one more. I haven't seen tham at Toys-R-Us in a long time. Target doesn't have any. 15 years ago there was a shop in the Galleria that sold kites and lots of cool yo-yos, but it's been gone for a long time. I could go online, but I need to pick the colors and it would be nice to try a few of the absurdly expensive ones before I buy. Does anyone know of a good place in town to buy one Duncan Butterfly and one absurdly expensive brushed aluminum yo-yo?

Try the Variety Fair 5 and 10 in the Village:

That's a great place to pick up strings, but the last time I was there they didn't carry any high end yo-yos.

I didn't know there was such a thing as absurdly expensive yo-yos. You must be hard-core.

Always. I already own some made from exotic woods, some with transaxles and ball bearings, etc. Here's one that runs $125:

tomcat-01.jpg

meme, I saw a ton of them on ebay, nothing on craigslist. I want to say I saw some yo-yos over here at the Katy ToysRUs. I have to go over there myself today or tomorrow, so I will check it out for you.

Thanks. I can mail order everything, but I'd really like to touch a $120 yo-yo before I buy it.

... some with transaxles and ball bearings, etc. Here's one that runs $125:

All mine were Duncans, but i used to own one of those you described. Great yo-yo. I also owned a glowinthedark duncan and a butterfly.

I used to really enjoy them after my parents introduced me to the world of Tommy Smothers. Walkthedog, sleeping, rock the cradle and around the worlds were the limits of my tricks though.

Even with the butterfly, i was never good enough to do anything requiring tightroping and even with the springloaded one, i could never get the hang of any trick that required sleepin for more than a few seconds.

Good luck in your search, let us know what ya find.

Even with the butterfly, i was never good enough to do anything requiring tightroping and even with the springloaded one, i could never get the hang of any trick that required sleepin for more than a few seconds.

Oh, I'm not that good at it. I just like shiny things.

Archived