Shadow Creek Ranch

Sorry I was was not exact in where the new section is to be built.

The next phases that are closest to FM 521 will be FBISD. We were told by developers they are trying to zone to Hightower HS, but will most likely go to Willowridge HS.

If they new subdvisions west of Kingsley are zoned to Willowridge HS, then the builders would have a tough time selling houses. I'm in Silver Leaf Glen which is west of Kingsley. According to the builder and the appraisal letter from Brazoria county, the subdivision is zoned to Alvin ISD.

Kingsley Dr. is not a definite boundary between Alvin ISD and Fort Bend ISD. The dividing line between these school districts is actually the county line that separates Fort Bend county and Brazoria couty. It's difficult to describe exactly where this subtle line runs, but I can give you a list of all sections in SCR that fall within Fort Bend county or Fort Bend ISD--since they overlap. The following sections of Shadow Creek Ranch are zoned to Fort Bend ISD:Edgewater, Lake Meadows, Brook Run, Westhaven, Arbor Lakes, Azalea Creek, Windy Shores, Country Glen, Piney Trails, Orchard Village, Cedarwood, Eden Cove, Holly Landing, Westwood Springs, Pelican Shores, Autumn Brook, and Blackberry Crossing. The rest in SCR are in Alvin ISD if the development is not subject to change.

In order to attract people to purchase homes in Fort Bend ISD, they also work out a deal with Alvin ISD, allowing elementary students in Fort Bend sections to go to Marek Elementary School in Alvin ISD more info at The Facts. I don't know how long this is going to last; I'm really hoping those sections in Fort Bend ISD can file petitions to join Alvin ISD or builders will have a tough time marketing it.

• 1 month later...

Hightower is not a terrible school

But some are complaining about Patricia Paquin, the principal. When the school opened it was held in VERY high regard, but some feel the new principal ruined things.

See http://www.houston-press.com/Issues/2006-0...ws/feature.html

It's hilarious how Pearland is zoned to a grand total of SIX school districts:

* PEARLAND ISD: Many elementary schools, many middle schools, many junior high schools, Pearland HS

* ALVIN ISD: Several elementaries, Manvel MS, Manvel HS

* FORT BEND ISD: Goodman ES, Baines MS, Hightower HS

* HOUSTON ISD: Some in Almeda ES and some in Law ES, all in Woodson K-8 (for 6-8 only), all in Worthing HS

* PASADENA ISD: Some in Moore ES and Beverly Hills IS, some in Frazier ES and Thompson IS, all in Dobie HS

* CLEAR CREEK ISD: Weber ES, Brookside IS, Clear Brook HS

HHS is horrid. I went there (class 05'!) and from what I have been hearing, things have gone downhill big time.

HHS is horrid. I went there (class 05'!) and from what I have been hearing, things have gone downhill big time.

See, school administrators - This is why you don't hire people like Paquin - As UrbaNerd mentions, the wrong principal can cause a school's reputation to plummet (And he's not the only one with that opinion - The Press mentions how teachers do not wish to deal with Paquin)

Question for Shadow Creek Ranchers:

Do the streets ever flood in SCR?

I've been living here since January and never experienced a problem with flooding streets. It's a huge neighborhood so I can't vouch for all the areas, but all the areas I have driven through in heavy rain seem to drain pretty quickly.

Good news for those with young children living in Shadow Creek Ranch (Alvin ISD).

Mary Burks Marek Elementary was rated "Exemplary" by the new 2006 TEA accountability ratings.

Manvel JH was Recognized

Alvin HS was Acceptable

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/acco...2006/index.html

FYI, construction has started for the new Alivn ISD elementary school on Kinglsey and Regents Bay. Sign said it should be open for Fall of 2007.

• 1 month later...
I know the whole Alvin ISD has kept a lot of Pearland residents away as well as the taxes.

Also FYI....the new sections of SCR West of Kingsley will be going to FORT BEND ISD. :blink:

The street that divides the two counties and school districts in Shadow Creek Ranch is Trinity. As you turn off 2234 (Shadow Creek Parkway) Brazoria County and Alvin Independent School District are to your left and Fort Bend County and Fort Bend Independent School District are to your right. The county line division travels along the border of Meadow Trails West south thru the lakes to 518. The Splash Park in Shadow Creek Ranch is in Fort Bend County and just north of there before 2234 will be the Fort Bend ISD Elementary School.

I've been living here since January and never experienced a problem with flooding streets. It's a huge neighborhood so I can't vouch for all the areas, but all the areas I have driven through in heavy rain seem to drain pretty quickly.

FYI, construction has started for the new Alivn ISD elementary school on Kinglsey and Regents Bay. Sign said it should be open for Fall of 2007.

AND soon to follow is the Alivin ISD Intermediate School next to Marek Elementary on Kirby . .

• 3 weeks later...

Financing Clears Way for $130M Development

By Amy Wolff Sorter

hou_shadowcreekranch1.jpg

Shadow Creek Ranch

PEARLAND, TX-Transwestern Development Co. and WCF Development have obtained $62 million in financing for vertical development of the 600,000-sf Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center. The $130-million, open-air center will break ground Nov. 15.

Earlier this year, the JV developers secured $15.69 million in interest-only financing to buy the land at Texas 288 and FM 518 and complete site work, according to Erin Wallets, senior loan associate with Fremont Investment & Loan's Dallas office. "We knew financing would be needed for vertical development so we were working on that too and just closed on it," says Wallets, who structured the deal with Fremont's Jeff Teetsel in Phoenix.

Wallets tells GlobeSt.com that the project was attractive from many angles, especially the strength of the market and the reputation of the borrowers. "All the housing going up in the area and the lack of retail at this point, especially at this intersection, makes this a very attractive project that should do well," she adds.

The power center is adjacent to Shadow Creek Ranch, a 3,500-acre, master-planned development with high-end single-family homes. Additional residential developments are being constructed within 10 miles of the retail development. Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center will be anchored by H-E-B's first "Plus" store, a 150,000-sf format. Another 200,000 sf is spoken for or under negotiation by various local, regional and national tenants. The center is slated to open in late summer 2007.

http://www.globest.com/news/740_740/houston/149461-1.html

Archived