2-1/4" Unfinished Oak Flooring

I had some water damage to my original oak flooring on Christmas day and need to replace ~30 square feet. I was planning on replacing the flooring myself and then have a company I have used previously come sand & stain the floors. Does anyone know of any companies in Houston that supply 2-1/4" x 3/4" thick red oak strip flooring? I went to the Ifloor store and they had right size but the quality of the wood was horrible.

I just recently patched in a section of floor in my house that was previously covered by built-in bookcases. Got the 2 1/4" X 3/4" oak strips at the North Loop Home Depot. A bundle was around $46 for about 16 sq ft. I was amazed how close I was able to match the stain of my almost 60 year old floors.

Historic Houston has salvaged flooring from homes that were to be demolished. I got some pine there to repair my floors. They had piles of oak just itching to be sold. It is cheaper than any of the for-profit salvage places, too. They are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Thanks for the replies, I will check both options.

I just recently patched in a section of floor in my house that was previously covered by built-in bookcases. Got the 2 1/4" X 3/4" oak strips at the North Loop Home Depot. A bundle was around $46 for about 16 sq ft. I was amazed how close I was able to match the stain of my almost 60 year old floors.

Scott - Do you recall the average length of the oak strips from the HD bundles? My house has the oak flooring installed over 2x4s placed about a foot apart, I am concerned about using boards that are less than 2-3ft. I will probably just drive over there tonight and have a look.

Thanks for the replies, I will check both options.

Scott - Do you recall the average length of the oak strips from the HD bundles? My house has the oak flooring installed over 2x4s placed about a foot apart, I am concerned about using boards that are less than 2-3ft. I will probably just drive over there tonight and have a look.

The bundle included random lengths from about a foot to about 3 feet in length.

Archived