Office Building In Katy

ekarl17

Not sure but I have a question... Does anybody know who the main anchor is? :P

I think I know what you're talking about. I thought it was some sort of apartments when I first saw it. The sign says it's a motel. Comfort Suites or something like that.

CyKat

Yep, CyKat is correct. It is a hotel (I believe Cofort Suites). Looking at it now you can kind of tell that it is a hotel. Kind of a random place for one...I guess it is fairly close to the interstate but not really around much. I was wondering how the La Quinta that just opened on I-10 would do (it replaced the Best Western that burned down). Everytime I pass by it seems to have a full parking lot so I guess there is demand out here for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Little Katy is growing up! Saw an article in one of the local shopping rags that talked about companies moving to the Katy area since so many of their workers live in Cinco, Grand Lakes etc.

In order for that to happen, we need certain infrastructure to support said companies. Biz-jet airport, check. Hotels for out of town executives; on the way. Now we need some gated communities with >$1 million homes for the big boys with 'C's in their titles (e.g. CFO, CEO, COO etc.).

Where do you suppose the next River Oaks will be? :unsure:

There are a few places out here for those C level executives if you haven't noticed.

Cinco Ranch has gated sections with new homes being built, and some older ones, then you also have Lakes of Buckingham, Lakepointe Estates, Parklake Village, Winsdsor Park Lakes, Avalon at Seven Meadows, just to name a few.

And there is a ton of stuff that is 500K + that isn't gated all over the place. Plenty of options.

They may not have their own 10ft wall around it like River Oaks does, but is a great place for their kids!

Yep, plenty to choose from in the $500-750K range and those are some darn nice tract/semi-custom homes. I was asking about the +$1M units. Not so many of those in Cinco, Grand Lakes etc. I'm going to have to agree with N Judah and say ranchettes in Fulshear with some land around them will be the millionaire's hideaway.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, plenty to choose from in the $500-750K range and those are some darn nice tract/semi-custom homes. I was asking about the +$1M units. Not so many of those in Cinco, Grand Lakes etc. I'm going to have to agree with N Judah and say ranchettes in Fulshear with some land around them will be the millionaire's hideaway.

millionaires don't have to live in +1M homes. a million ain't what it used to be , so they say.

Nothing against bringing some high-dollar homes to the area, but attracting middling corporate officers and a few sports celebrities to fancy suburban homes is never going to make it the next River Oaks.

I bet if you told Lynn Wyatt she was going to a ranchette in Fulshear, she'd think it was a camping trip. A camping trip she would most certainly not go on.

I was using River Oaks in the "expensive houses" sense, not the "Old-Money, power broker enclave" sense. ;) That's always going to be in town, close to the levers in City Hall etc.

Also, yeah a million isn't what it used to be. I've owned (me and the bank) a million dollar house before. Of course that was in the SF Bay area, so it was a $25,000 dollar house sitting on a $975,000 piece of land! :lol:

Edited by Standeck

• 2 weeks later...
I think Yao lives in Windsor Park Lakes, which is nearby.

Nah son, Yao lives in Lakeforest...

And Katy aint close to being a gang havedn. The hell is that crap man? Katy has the same ____ just different locationn.

Edited by Trae

Its not just Katy. The Mexican Gangs are becoming more and more visable. I visited a friend in West Tanglewood this Friday and the run-off was tagged all the way down it, all the houses that cornered it had been tagged. They are crawling all around West Memorial lately. A group of them attempted a break-in in Nottingham in broad daylight. Neighbors stopped them, but they could have been shot in that process. they cruise around Memorial, they want us to know they are here.

We keep that door open on the border, the police are not allowed to check ID, etc We will quickly become more like Mexico. Crime infested. I don't want to live in Mexico, and neither do most of the good citizens of that country.

At some point you start to think Joe Horn isn't such a bad guy. We need to take Houston back.

The areas more likely to become ultra-rich enclaves (if they move out of the city, which most won't) already exists. Royal Oaks out west and closer to town and the Woodlands for those who want to be a little further away.

Royal Oaks isn't really out of town. But it does have that whole burb flavor/personality going on. Therefore I don't see the ultra-rich making the move to that area. The Woodlands is just too far away for Houstonian Ultra rich.

Edited by KatieDidIt

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Office Building In Katy