Spencer Tillman needs to be..

sifuwong

the sports director for Ch 13. Bob Allen is terrible. Tim is good, but Spencer is the best in my opinion.

Why would Tillman even want to do local sports? Forgetabout it. He's been there and done that. Remember he broke into TV at KPRC back in the 90s before jumping to a network. It would be a big step down for him to come back to a local, and no network personality is going to do that unless they have no other options. He'd also have to take a huge pay cut.

I also don't think he would be good at local sports. He's too hyper. He was hyper at KPRC too, and I don't remember him being very good at it.

Why would Tillman even want to do local sports? Forgetabout it. He's been there and done that. Remember he broke into TV at KPRC back in the 90s before jumping to a network. It would be a big step down for him to come back to a local, and no network personality is going to do that unless they have no other options. He'd also have to take a huge pay cut.

I also don't think he would be good at local sports. He's too hyper. He was hyper at KPRC too, and I don't remember him being very good at it.

I'll bet he would go back to local sports if he was running the show at any of those tv stations. He lives here and likes it here. I talked to him several years ago at a Borders Books(Westheimer&Gessner). He loves local sports, but also loved doing college football games or analysis. He seemed like the type to run a show and would not be second fiddle to anyone. Maybe when Ch. 13 decides to fire Bob Allen and Tim Melton...knock on wood.. then he'll be offered the job.

I'll bet he would go back to local sports if he was running the show at any of those tv stations. He lives here and likes it here. I talked to him several years ago at a Borders Books(Westheimer&Gessner). He loves local sports, but also loved doing college football games or analysis. He seemed like the type to run a show and would not be second fiddle to anyone. Maybe when Ch. 13 decides to fire Bob Allen and Tim Melton...knock on wood.. then he'll be offered the job.

I don't doubt that Tillman would like to be top banana at a local station, but the problem is money. Not enough of it. He can't afford it.

He could make six figures at a local station, but as a network star he's making at least four or five times what he would make in Houston.

Network guys have a lifestyle and a standard of living local guys can only dream of, and

I don't think he would be willing to give that up to come back to Houston, even if Bob Allen or any of the other stations' sports announcers were to drop dead at the same time.

I don't doubt that Tillman would like to be top banana at a local station, but the problem is money. Not enough of it. He can't afford it.

He could make six figures at a local station, but as a network star he's making at least four or five times what he would make in Houston.

Network guys have a lifestyle and a standard of living local guys can only dream of, and

I don't think he would be willing to give that up to come back to Houston, even if Bob Allen or any of the other stations' sports announcers were to drop dead at the same time.

I bet Bob Allen is probably making at least half a million.

Nowhere near that. More like 200 thousand at most. Spencer Tillman might be able to command 300 or 350K, but that would be a huge cut from what he's making now.

I seriously doubt Bob is making only 200k. He's been there for over 20 yrs and is the sports director.

Archived