Chinese Buffet

I was going to post this in the Dining section but thought I'd get recommendations further away than here in the Heights. I work in the suburbs and it seems there is a good buffet in every other shopping center out there. But here in the Heights, they seem rare. I know there are alot of good chinese restaurants, and we do frequent them, but sometimes I just want the all-u-can eat free for all. :P

We used to go to that Golden Island place in the Kroger center, and it was good a few years ago. Haven't been though since we saw roaches running around behind the buffet table about a year ago. So does anyone know of any good buffets nearby? Midtown, Montrose, or someplace else close?

Good buffet... that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one!

Agreed. I don't know of any chinese buffets that aren't wretched. There used to be one by the Brown convention center that was decent, but it went downhill a long, long time ago.

Yeah I guess that's true here inside the loop. I work way out in the suburbs (Copperfield), and within about 5 miles there are 2 REALLY good buffets. Clean, fresh, hot food, big selection and always busy. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy our many good Chinese restaurants around here (Empire Seafood is our new favorite) but like I said, every once in awhile, I just want to go crazy! ha.

I generally avoid Boofays (how Marvin used to pronounce it) because of the temptation to overeat. but for SUSHI boofays, I'm SO there.

I usually avoid boofays because the food sucks. To my knowledge, that goes for sushi boofays too...but if anyone is aware of good sushi boofays, well I might just give it a shot.

Archived