Construction On FM 1093 Between Peek And Grand Parkway

Seems that some sort of construction has begun on the North side of FM1093 between Peek Rd and Grand Parkway.

Does anyone know what it might be? I think that land is part of the Grand Lakes development (or adjacent to it). Looks like a pretty big piece of property.

Does anyone know of any significant projects along the Westpark Toll between Mason and Grand Parkway? Seems like a good area for development.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say strip center type retail. you know more crap like car washes, daycare centers, Jack in the Box, Mattress Firm, banks, Auto Repair shops, etc. I hope not.

The real question that will tell us the quality of the development is, does it fall in one of the surrounding MPC's architectural design commitee's juristriction. Ie., Cinco Ranch, Grand Lakes.

At the Grand Lakes annual homeowners meeting last December the county commisioner said they were going to be building their offices close to the NE corner of Grand Parkway and Westpark. This might be what it is.

I think the county buildings are going to be closer to Grand Pkwy near Fry exit.

Can you give more information on what a county building structure is? Is this good for the property value around the area?

The Fort Bend County Precinct 3 offices will be moving to this property (when it's built). This will include the Constable, Justice of the Peace, the County Commissioner (Andy Meyers) and associated services. We heard about this new building 2 years ago at the Grand Lakes HOA annual meeting. It has yet to be built. I believe the holdup has been due to road access. Last year at the HOA meeting, Andy Meyers indicated that some sort of road was going to be built to make the property accessible. The property was donated to the county by the Grand Lakes development company (TMI). It is located just south of Fry on the northern most part of the large parcel at the NE corner of FM1093 and Grand Parkway.

I don't believe there will be any negative impact to our property values. Just more traffic in the area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone know what is really going on here?

I wish someone could clue me in!

Looks like the entire area N of 1093 between Peek and 99 is being developed. The land at Peek and 1093 is being cleared now. I know for a fact that a portion of this (nearer to 99) is the county offices that I mentioned earlier. I would guess that all of it will be shopping, restaurants, offices, and perhaps apartments (hope not).

Streets are going in there and it appears that there may be a road going in at Peek along the Grand Lakes fence line (after they finish burying the drainage ditch).

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is really going on here?

I wish someone could clue me in!

There was an article on Globe St. yesterday listing this as a 400,000 sf development called Grand Corners. They announced that Bed, Bath and Beyond has committed as the first anchor. Scheduled phase one opening of approx. 200,000 sq ft. in 2009. Looking for a flyer, but can't find any further info on this development so far.

http://www.globest.com/news/1128_1128/houston/169606-1.html

• 4 months later...
The story notes they are still trying to find an architect so we should see a drawing/flyer soon.

Here is a full-sized drawing of the development showing the Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Andy Meyers' new digs:

Grand Corners

All we need is four MORE banks. I've never seen so many banks in my entire life! Their getting like Starbucks. The only one who isn't going nuts so far is Washington Mutual which has only 1 branch on Grand Parkway that I know of...

Here is a full-sized drawing of the development showing the Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Andy Meyers' new digs:

Grand Corners

All we need is four MORE banks. I've never seen so many banks in my entire life! Their getting like Starbucks. The only one who isn't going nuts so far is Washington Mutual which has only 1 branch on Grand Parkway that I know of...

Dang 4 is overkill!

Dang 4 is overkill!

I am used to seeing these site plans at my job. Ususally the developer has several footprints for these pad sites that they throw on to these plans early on. Often they are not representative of what will be the final product. Sometimes they will develop the property and the parking lots with the main tenants in place and grade out the pad sites to be built in the future so they can go pretty far along and not have that lease filled.

So in short they could be a sonic or a jack in the box just as well as a bank branch.

• The title was changed to Construction On FM 1093 Between Peek And Grand Parkway

Archived