Downtown on a Wednesday Evening

Jax

I took my camera with me when I went to vote yesterday, and took some photos on my walk along Main Street (I decided to walk back from Preston to Main Street Square after voting). I took these photos between 6:15 and 6:45 and it seemed that there were more people around than usual in the middle of the week after the offices close.

Inspired by Boris's recent downtown photos, I tried to include people in some of them.

gallery_3613_6_263121.jpg

gallery_3613_6_193228.jpg

gallery_3613_6_184747.jpg

gallery_3613_6_66790.jpg

gallery_3613_6_97118.jpg

gallery_3613_6_151215.jpg

gallery_3613_6_8976.jpg

EDIT: I think I posted this in the wrong group. Could somebody move it to "Houston Photos" for me? Thanks.

Edited by Jax

Probably has nothing to do with the photos (which were great), but why do people keep calling the Red Line the "Main Street Line". It gets annoying, especially when people keep calling METRO stupid because the "Main Street Line" isn't even on Main Street. The photos of the train station got me thinking about this.

It gets annoying, especially when people keep calling METRO stupid because the "Main Street Line" isn't even on Main Street. The photos of the train station got me thinking about this.

what street is this trae? where does the name main street square orginate?

gallery_3613_6_66790.jpg

Edited by musicman