moving company

native5th

To be honest, I recommend Cantu Movers. I've been recommending and using them for years.

They've handled every job that I've referred to from a small apartment to major homes. They're also the most reasonable as long as you give a detailed list of what you plan on moving and they won't screw you around with "hourly" rates like other movers do.

For the record, I've used them twice and I've referred them to MY clients for over 7 years.

We've used # Men Movers about 6 times for various moves, from one house to another and to move things from a house to storage and back. Always on time, polite, and very careful with the furniture. They always took the time to figure out how to get something up or down stairs, and never hit the walls, even on stairs that make a U-turn.

Max Movers. We did an in-town move from North Houston to Central Houston, and they packed up our stuff in no-time flat. We were literally amazed... our jaws were on the ground. We spent 3 weeks packing up half of our belongings and they packed up the other half in 3 hours! Very careful, very courteous. We've recommended them to all of our friends.

Graebel is the best.

Whatever you do, don't use Westhiemer Moving and Transfer. They stole things, damaged antiques and had no clue how to move/pack paintings and lift antique pieces. The literally threw a Chandelier up on top of all the furniture in the truck and started to close the doors.

Edited by KatieDidIt

We've used ACME Movers (281-867-0322) twice for our moves from and to houses in the Clear Lake/League City area, and once for my mom who moved from Baton Rouge to Houston. No problems to report...they charge hourly (which we prefer)- $85/hr for a two-man crew and a $45 trip fee for our moves in the Clear Lake/League City area. For my mom's move (which was last week) they charged a total of $1575 which included the trip fees and hourly costs ($85/hr). We have not found anything broken/lost and they have always been very professional and fast (barely even slowing down to drink water during the loading/unloading). I should mention that all three of the times we have used them they did all the packing and supplied all boxes/materials (they stated each time that they would charge us for what was used, but after giving each mover a $20 tip, we never get charged for any of the boxes they used). They even sent 3 men to our first move because they were doing a real big move in the same area that afternoon, they only charged us the 2-man rate (because we only requested 2) so it only cost us one extra tip for a much quicker move.

Edited by ssmallen