Imaginary Laws

woolie

Relevent news story out of North Carolina:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/johnston/story/748608.html

Photographer guilty of disobeying officer

SMITHFIELD - A Smithfield-based freelance photographer, Carter Rabil, was found guilty Wednesday of disobeying a police officer at the scene of a fatal motorcycle accident last spring.

Smithfield police arrested Rabil, 53, in April as he took pictures at the scene near Johnston Community College. Police say they asked him to move back but he refused. Rabil sells news tips, still pictures and video footage to The News & Observer and other media outlets.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is awesome. My dad taught me when I was younger that you could judge a man's character on how he treated the waiters and waitresses at a restaurant. To this day when I am having lunch with clients and associates I am reminded of this.

When my high school went on a Spring Break trip, we had two different waiter experiences.

The waitress at an IHOP seemed rather cold. When she got me the wrong item, I asked her for the actual item and she said "No, you ordered the chicken tenders!" before deciding to switch those for mozzarella sticks. The group was upset with her behavior, so we made a sad face in pennies as our "tip" and left.

On the other hand, the waiter who acted kindly got a tip made of silver coins, with a dollar coin as a nose and the dollar bills as hairs. He felt elated when he saw the tip :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nah it'll probably okay. I've never had a problem besides at the courthouse once. Don't let this stop you from taking pictures, and if anybody complains just be polite and it probably won't be a big deal.. unless you run into the same guy Woolie did with those imaginary laws.

Make sure you post some photos here!

• 2 months later...

Archived