Photos looking out from and around the HMFA

Boris

Thx Jax, hey did you happen to get any pics from the Westheimer Block Party today?

I had family over from College Station and I had to do the family thing. Man, I wanted to check out the block party so bad.

But, perhaps you can provide some visuals if you have any.

I missed the block party. :(

I forgot it was today. I thought it was Sunday for some reason. But I was busy all day at the Bayou City Art Festival anyways. It was pretty cool - I'd never seen so many Houstonians outside in the sun walking around downtown. I took lots of pics and will definitely post some. I also went on a Bayou boat cruise. There are actually pleasure boats docked at Allen's Landing! I thought that was cool. They came up the ship channel all the way from Galveston. I'll post pics of that too.

Thx Benn,

I actually went out to the Bayou Art Festival today and got some shots. There weren't that many people. I guess because it was Sunday and most who were going to go probably went yesterday. I'll post the shots I got later on today.

Adios

Plus, there were 55,000 attendees at a produce convention in downtown. ALL downtown hotels were 100% booked and I have never seen more people downtown during the day. Restaurants, clubs, patios, and sidewalks were busy from Main to Bayou Place. The Buffalo Bayou Walk area was also quite active with bikers, walkers, joggers, kayakers, tour boats, and I notice they've even added a 9 hole disc golf course!

Archived