Check This Out This Should Help Our Galleria Area

Dallasboi

Isn't part of DFW's vacancy rate due to the presence of numerous midrise office properties in competing suburbs that may not necessarily serve the needs of certain medium to large size firms in the area (or that will come to the area)? Also, within markets, there is competition, and even though suburban office market vacancies seem to be high (and DT Dallas' vacancy rate is relatively high), that doesn't mean that certain submarkets within the region won't still be hot for new construction due to their specific amenities and the individual needs of a particular firm.

Just really playing devil's advocate, even though I basically agree with the premise that high office vacancy rates make it less feasible to build new office structures.

Oh and here's a sausage link to illustrate what I said in my above post. Enjoy

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/.../05/story1.html

Yeah I read this.....and this has been said numerous times..But I can almost put my money on it that office construction does not grind to a complete halt....be realistic...I know some may want this to happen..(in Dallas and Houston),but you have to realize...Developers build for the future markets not always the current market....My two Pennies B)

Yeah I read this.....and this has been said numerous times..But I can almost put my money on it that office construction does not grind to a complete halt....be realistic...I know some may want this to happen..(in Dallas and Houston),but you have to realize...Developers build for the future markets not always the current market....My two Pennies B)

Complete halt, no. But, projects that do not have major tenants in place prior to construction, probably. This is not a Dallas problem. Take a look at the national availability of construction financing. With the crisis in the financial market, big loans are just not available for the asking right now. With vacancy rates that high, a developer without an anchor tenant just will not get the money to build. Add to that the softness in retail, I can't see a mall and office expansion working for awhile.

But, I've been wrong before.

• 2 weeks later...
This should give this area the boost that it needs to spruce the area up......What do you guys think?This is kinda old...but I didn't know if you guys knew about it. http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showthread.php?t=7017 Click the link at the top of Ctroymathis' post to get full details....

The problem with large mixed use projects like this is that it is difficult to develop them during real estate cycles without trends altering events. The trend now is town centers and TODs while who knows what the trend will be during the next economic expansion. What is interesting is the huge base of retail in the area. Hmm . . ..

• The title was changed to Check This Out This Should Help Our Galleria Area

Archived