We Paved Paradise

wxman, you and woody are talking about 2 different things. He is talking about mass transit within the Woodlands, while you are talking about commuter transit to and from the Woodlands. Woodlands Express currently seves the commuter crowd. Montgomery County has indicated an interest in someday funding an extension of a commuter rail line to Conroe (though the South Montgomery station would likely be east of I-45), but no one is discussing transit within the Woodlands...and probably never will.

Hope that clears up my posts.

Actually the thread topic is parking space. That forms a basis for either inter-commute to work or play and intra-commute to work or play. Sometimes we use the transit system (and rtelated parking areas) to simply go to downtown Houston or the medical center. It is used by some to go to school. The Woodlands is very conscious of the footprint for every parking area whether it is used for work or play (including shopping). Land is very expensive. Personally, I do not like to go to Market Street or the mall at this time of the year because of parking constraints. Right now, the work force at the mall and Market Street are being transported to parking places not very convenient to them in order to open additional parking for shoppers. At this time of the year, the amount of concrete dedicated to parking is of high concern by residents and visitors alike. I just wanted to clear up where I am coming from in my posts on this subject.

Actually the thread topic is parking space. That forms a basis for either inter-commute to work or play and intra-commute to work or play. Sometimes we use the transit system (and rtelated parking areas) to simply go to downtown Houston or the medical center. It is used by some to go to school. The Woodlands is very conscious of the footprint for every parking area whether it is used for work or play (including shopping). Land is very expensive. Personally, I do not like to go to Market Street or the mall at this time of the year because of parking constraints. Right now, the work force at the mall and Market Street are being transported to parking places not very convenient to them in order to open additional parking for shoppers. At this time of the year, the amount of concrete dedicated to parking is of high concern by residents and visitors alike. I just wanted to clear up where I am coming from in my posts on this subject.

Sorry bout' that. Back on topic. :P

Funny how Red has The capitalized on his side avatar for "The Heights". And I didn't gloss over the first response. That's just how you spell the name. And if The Heights is supposed to be capitalized, then it should be. Just like these dumb "Holiday" tree advertisements. They are Christmas trees people. Same logic.

Funny how Red has The capitalized on his side avatar for "The Heights". And I didn't gloss over the first response. That's just how you spell the name. And if The Heights is supposed to be capitalized, then it should be. Just like these dumb "Holiday" tree advertisements. They are Christmas trees people. Same logic.

This is so funny, that I just have to respond. :lol:

You are using my avatar as your evidence? Seriously? I would have thought that the fact that it says "The Heights Republic" would be your first clue that this is a joke, but I had forgotten that woodlands residents do not posses a sense of humor. I should have remembered that from when I lived there. My mistake.

Since you bring it up, there is no "The" or "the" in "Houston Heights". "The Heights Republic" is merely a figment of my sometimes chemically enhanced imagination. And, according to the poll I just conducted, my neighbor and I voted 2-0 that we do not care if you capitalize the H or not. :lol:

I swear, I haven't seen people get so pissy about something so trivial since I heard Buckeye fans insist that the official name of their school is "The Ohio State University". I promise, I think they are as silly as you guys are. You REALLY DO need your own town. THEN it will be official! :lol:

This is so funny, that I just have to respond. :lol:

You are using my avatar as your evidence? Seriously? I would have thought that the fact that it says "The Heights Republic" would be your first clue that this is a joke, but I had forgotten that woodlands residents do not posses a sense of humor. I should have remembered that from when I lived there. My mistake.

Since you bring it up, there is no "The" or "the" in "Houston Heights". "The Heights Republic" is merely a figment of my sometimes chemically enhanced imagination. And, according to the poll I just conducted, my neighbor and I voted 2-0 that we do not care if you capitalize the H or not. :lol:

I swear, I haven't seen people get so pissy about something so trivial since I heard Buckeye fans insist that the official name of their school is "The Ohio State University". I promise, I think they are as silly as you guys are. You REALLY DO need your own town. THEN it will be official! :lol:

We're getting there...quickly as possible. The City of The Woodlands.

Edited by wxman

And then when you are out of state (or area) you'll still have to say, "Houston," for it to register with anyone.

:D

You'd be surprised. Most people within 100 or 200 miles of here know where The Woodlands is. If you go to San Antonio, Dallas, Shreveport, or Lake Charles, they all know where it is.

When I tell people here in Germany where in the U.S. I have lived, I always tell them "The Woodlands, south of Dallas". People here either haven't heard of Houston beyond "we have a problem", or else they've heard how ugly it is.

I've never come across anybody who didn't know where Houston was....EVER. And I've been many places.

• The title was changed to We Paved Paradise