Grimaldi

ProHouston

Grimaldi's Pizzeria of Brooklyn will be opening a new location outside of the tri-state area with a new restaurant at the First Colony Courtyard. While the sign has been up for months, nobody was sure whether it was actually the same Grimaldi's or when it would open. It is now confirmed to be the famed Brooklyn pizzeria and to open next summer!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Have been there twice now and it's awesome. Finally, I don't have to drive into H-town to get decent pizza.

review

I haven't been there yet so I can't disagree. However, Sugar Land is home to my favorite pizza place, Pepperonis. Great food, great prices, great neighborhood restaurant. And I don't even work for them :)

It finally opened? I swear I drove through there just a few weeks ago and they still hadn't broken ground!

You must be looking in the wrong place. It's outside the mall right by the Cheesecake Factory. It's done, but there's no 'real' sign, just a banner hanging on the building. The pizza was good and the prices were reasonable, but the place is VERY small and there's no lobby. By 6:30pm there were a lot of people crammed against the walls waiting for tables (kind of makes you feel pressured while you eat). The waiter was good, but getting the food took forever, but I think they are still working the kinks out.

Yeah. Best to avoid it for now on a Friday or Saturday night. They are jam-packed and do not have a very good seating system. They have no real way of announcing your name when a table is ready so you have to hang out close to the front and keep checking where you are on the list. All this and to go orders to boot, it does take a while to get your food. But like you say, they are still working out the kinks. They do have a full bar though and outside seating when the weathers nice.

I'll have to try Pepperonis. I've seen they're flyer's but have never eaten one of their pizzas.

Yeah. Best to avoid it for now on a Friday or Saturday night. They are jam-packed and do not have a very good seating system. They have no real way of announcing your name when a table is ready so you have to hang out close to the front and keep checking where you are on the list. All this and to go orders to boot, it does take a while to get your food. But like you say, they are still working out the kinks. They do have a full bar though and outside seating when the weathers nice.

I'll have to try Pepperonis. I've seen they're flyer's but have never eaten one of their pizzas.

Definitely try pick up or dine in for Pepperoni's. I've heard that the delivery can make the pie mushy. I never do delivery as I live close to 2 locations.

You must be looking in the wrong place. It's outside the mall right by the Cheesecake Factory. It's done, but there's no 'real' sign, just a banner hanging on the building. The pizza was good and the prices were reasonable, but the place is VERY small and there's no lobby. By 6:30pm there were a lot of people crammed against the walls waiting for tables (kind of makes you feel pressured while you eat). The waiter was good, but getting the food took forever, but I think they are still working the kinks out.

You think Grimaldi's is VERY small? I bet there are 30 tables in there!

You think Grimaldi's is VERY small? I bet there are 30 tables in there!

Sorry..I think I WAS wrong there. I only saw 2 seating areas, but my husband told me later there was another one in the back. I thought there was just an "L" shape around the cooking area, but I guess it's really a "U". I'm kind of claustrophic and the people lining the outer walls probably was what made it feel small to me.

Archived