Architect Recommendation?

LanaNelson

I want to add on to a 1929 house. I want to respect the feel of the vintage house. I want to keep the add-on simple and vintage-looking. I am not a high-end remodeller. I have a cottage house and a cottage pocketbook. Can anyone recommend an architect that might be a good fit for me?

Thanks,

Lana Nelson

I want to add on to a 1929 house. I want to respect the feel of the vintage house. I want to keep the add-on simple and vintage-looking. I am not a high-end remodeller. I have a cottage house and a cottage pocketbook. Can anyone recommend an architect that might be a good fit for me?

Keep us updated on the status of your project. Its nice to see modest projects that respect the design and period of the original structure.

Keep us updated on the status of your project. Its nice to see modest projects that respect the design and period of the original structure.

It is not easy to find people that have a "feel" for those old houses. Right now, I have a contractor pulling down the the Home Depot paneling that is in every room except the kitchen and the acoustic tile that is on the ceiling in very room (except the kitchen). He was SHOCKED at the 6" or 7" (whichever it is) solid pine shiplap that create the walls and the ceilings. He works on new construction and he had never seen anything like that. He kept talking about how much money it would cost to build a house like that today although he thought it highly unlikely that anyone could find those wide pine boards anymore.

Lana