Lower Greenville and Main Street

C2H

Last time i was in Dallas, i was able to visit Lower Greenville and the club scene was hopping. It reminded me of Main Street in Houston a little. Is there Anybody who's familiar with both enough to discuss how they compare? What improvements could be made on each Street?

I would say there's no point in comparing them since they're completely different. Lower Greenville in Dallas is a couple miles long and runs through residential areas (M streets, etc, with way overpriced homes) and consists of 3 main sections. Houston main street is, well, downtown on Main street.

Greenville Ave could use some repaving in places... maybe a couple more dance clubs and more live music instead of so many bars/restaurants. Parking is a pain but that doesn't stop anyone. Houston Main street could use more patrons throughout the day everyday (weekend mornings, etc).

/shrug

I don't see the point in comparing them.

I love the M streets. I was too poor to buy one of those cool houses when I lived in Big D, but it does remind me of Westheimer/Montrose. Withought the gay scene, or at least when I was there mid to late 90s.

That part of Big D always reminded me a bit of Houston in general. We'd always hit Zoobar and the Whiskey Place next door. I am sure those are long gone. But my fave was the Balcony Club in Lakewood. If I move back to Big D I am buying in Lakewood.

Speaking of those cool houses, I understand they have done a good job of keeping the McMansion's at bay. Good stuff.

We'd always hit Zoobar and the Whiskey Place next door. I am sure those are long gone. But my fave was the Balcony Club in Lakewood.

ZuBar and the Whisky Bar are still there. I think the Balcony Club is still at the top of the Lakewood theater, too. It's always been one of my favorites.

Totally! I only went once but I guess I went on a good night. :)

What did they decide to do after the fire? Has it been totally razed?

Right now there's a nursery (they may sell produce too) on the site. But if I'm not mistaken, a mixed-use development is planned there.

Archived