Best Italian Food

Went to Carraba's once. Was NOT impressed. Zio's is ok. Angelo's I don't care for. Is there any place we're missing?

You will have to drive a little bit for these 2 places, BUT. Antonio's Flying Pizza on Hilcroft @ Unity. Another place on FM1464 in Sugarland just down from Austin Highschool is a place called Nick's. Nick's is THE BEST and THE most authentic, in the Houston Metro area.

I know I know, neither of them in the CL area, but they are soooooooo worth it. It is worth it, just like it is worth it, for me to drive to I-45 @ Broadway from I-10 and Hwy.6 to eat at Kelly's.

Edited by TJones

Stefano's in Friendswood is strictly a takeaway joint, but has very good NY-style pizza. The basic pasta and chicken dishes can be hit-and-miss, though. I've alternately had some of the tastiest and most mediocre chicken marsala from there. They don't really venture outside the staples of parm, marsala, picatta, lasagne, alfredo, etc.

Stefano's in Friendswood is strictly a takeaway joint, but has very good NY-style pizza. The basic pasta and chicken dishes can be hit-and-miss, though. I've alternately had some of the tastiest and most mediocre chicken marsala from there. They don't really venture outside the staples of parm, marsala, picatta, lasagne, alfredo, etc.

i love stefano's pizza - and i agree with you on the rest of the menu. hit or miss but the pizza is great.