Interstate 69

From a economic perspective, I-69 is good for Houston. A new interstate traveling through our city will bring more commerce.

From an environmental perspective, this is not so good. I69 will bring more Mexican trucks which admittedly produce more pollution.

Personally, I would like to see I69 take the "grand parkway" path around Houston. I would prefer it not to travel though the central city along the current 59 path.

Personally, I would like to see I69 take the "grand parkway" path around Houston. I would prefer it not to travel though the central city along the current 59 path.

If you read the transcript of the TxDOT Meeting held in June 2004, you will find out that the I-69 project has now been incorporated into the Trans-Texas Corridor, which has a 1200' footprint. The Grand Parkway is only 400'. Plus, the I-69 project has been funded by Congress, and the Grand Parkway is still awaiting funding. HCTRA, which was once a "cash cow", is no longer one, and has been dragging its' feet when it comes to funding any of the Grand Parkway routes.

TxDOT meeting in June 2004

There's already enough gridlock on central 59. I go through the narrow segment everyday and see lots of 18 wheelers trying to pass through it. I'm afraid that if the Grand Parkway is built as a tollway, truckers will just ignore it and clog up the center of the city even more.

• 2 weeks later...