ScreamWorld earns 'America's Best Haunts' title

Boris

Houston Business Journal - 11:14 AM CDT Thursday, September 6, 2007

ScreamWorld Haunted Scream Park is one of 11 thrill parks in the country to be named one of "America's Best Haunts" for 2007.

The Houston thrill park, owned by Eerie Entertainment Inc., includes The Haunted Hotel; The Edge of Darkness; Monsters in 3D; The Maze of Maniacs; and The Tobias Strange Family Cemetery.

The only other Texas haunted attraction on the list is Thrillvania Thrill Park/Verdun Manor in Terrell, east of Dallas.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never been there. Need to take the kids this year.

I've never been in a haunted house except for one at Astroworld's Fright Fest when I was little. Scared me to death. I'm such a chicken. Funny thing is we loved playing haunted house as kids. We'd set my grandparents' second floor up as a haunted house and let people go through. Ventriloquist dolls were the main attraction.

They look fun, but I still could never make myself go in one.

Houston Business Journal - 11:14 AM CDT Thursday, September 6, 2007

ScreamWorld Haunted Scream Park is one of 11 thrill parks in the country to be named one of "America's Best Haunts" for 2007.

The Houston thrill park, owned by Eerie Entertainment Inc., includes The Haunted Hotel; The Edge of Darkness; Monsters in 3D; The Maze of Maniacs; and The Tobias Strange Family Cemetery.

The only other Texas haunted attraction on the list is Thrillvania Thrill Park/Verdun Manor in Terrell, east of Dallas.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never been there. Need to take the kids this year.

Sounds great, I'll have to go there. The only haunted house I have ever been to was in The KILT Haunted House in 1974. It was an actual old 2 story wooden home somewhere near Downtown. Oh wait.. I've been to two. The other one was the Sims Estate on Wayside. Park Memorial Baptist church rented the place in 1973 and turned it into a haunted house for 1 night. It was the best. Even the grounds were creepy.

Archived