Highway 290 Commuters

avicalc

Can you meet any single females in the 'burbs?

Sure. There are lots of 18-35 year old girls around here, many of whom grew up in nearby neighborhoods and many who have transferred from other towns for jobs. There are plenty of things happening in this immediate area. Willowbrook is like an island that is technically City of Houston, and it's surrounded by the suburban county area. The nearest single family neighborhoods to me are like 2 miles to north, west, and east. Where I'm at, it's mostly apartment complexes, nightlife, and commercial buildings. Think of the Greenway Plaza area.

Your inability to see that everyone has different things they value in their choice of housing is as closed-minded as you claim all the commuters to be.

I have always been able to see that everyone has different things they value in their choice of housing, so I'm not closed-minded. I'm just saying that it seems unreasonable from my viewpoint. I am aware that it might be reasonable to others, and that it might be reasonable to me someday in the future.

They had an article today on click2houston.com and a Channel 2 News story on tv about the problems of sitting in traffic. Not only does it waste the commuters' time, it also wastes energy, and it pollutes the air. Notice how the article link says "Time Wasted Commuting on the Rise", rather than saying something like "Time Spent Commuting on the Rise".

http://www.click2houston.com/automotive/14140523/detail.html

• The title was changed to Highway 290 Commuters

Archived