Flood Zones

TJones

I need help. After my house has been sitting in an "X" floodzone for 30 years. The new maps have now placed it in an "AE" floodplain. Does anyone here know the procedures or what paperwork needs to be filed in order to try and "Grandfather" my house back into the old floodzone ?

Thanks in advance.

If you have an existing flood policy written while your home was in zone X, no problem - you're grandfathered into that zone. If the existing flood policy is a preferred risk policy, which has preset coverage combinations for the dwelling and contents, you will no longer be eligible for the preferred risk program, but your next renewal will use zone X standard rates.

If you did not have flood insurance prior to the June 18, 2007 map revision, I'm sorry - you cannot go back and get grandfathered into zone X.

If you have an existing flood policy written while your home was in zone X, no problem - you're grandfathered into that zone. If the existing flood policy is a preferred risk policy, which has preset coverage combinations for the dwelling and contents, you will no longer be eligible for the preferred risk program, but your next renewal will use zone X standard rates.

If you did not have flood insurance prior to the June 18, 2007 map revision, I'm sorry - you cannot go back and get grandfathered into zone X.

This sounds like excellent info. and just the kind of thing I am looking for. Can anyone concur with this or add to this if they know another way? All help is appreciated.

This sounds like excellent info. and just the kind of thing I am looking for. Can anyone concur with this or add to this if they know another way? All help is appreciated.

[/quote

Wow,you guys sound like me.I received info from allstate that stated all kinds of waivers about the limited amounts that would be paid for flood damage.Here in McAllen we are a little farther than the coast than you guys.The good news is that my home is on high ground and my driveway is major sloped.However,we have to be prepared in case something really bad does happen.I took out an additional flood ins.policy just in case.Not with Allstate though