Schulenburg Photos

Boris

Just like scenes from "The Last Picture Show". Excellent!

Next time I pass through I am checking out that church. The high Gothic detail is unreal. I'm tripping.

Great work Mr Boris, you seem to always dazzle the audience with your meticulous pics. :)

Once again Boris, Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I love small towns. And that church is beautiful.

Schulenburg is only about an hour and a half out I-10, and there are about half a dozen of the Painted Churches within a 20 minute drive of Schulenburg and Weimar. It's well worth a day trip to see them, because they're indescribably and breathtakingly beautiful.

If you know where to find them, you're free to check them out on your own, or you can go to the Schulenburg Chamber of Commerce and they'll gladly set you up with a guided tour. I recommend getting a tour because all the Painted Churches are far off the main roads in tiny farming communities that can be hard to find if you don't know your way around Fayette County.

Here's a link with more photos. http://www.texasescapes.com/CentralTexasTo...hurchesTour.htm

Funny, that's the exact same critizism Houston gets when photos of Houston are posted in SSP or SSC.

But, these were taken a couple of weeks ago when I was driving back from SA, at about 4:00 p.m. during the middle of the week and 100 degrees. Remember guys, these are towns of just 3,000 or so.

Funny, that's the exact same critizism Houston gets when photos of Houston are posted in SSP or SSC.

But, these were taken a couple of weeks ago when I was driving back from SA, at about 4:00 p.m. during the middle of the week and 100 degrees. Remember guys, these are towns of just 3,000 or so.

That's why they make perfect locations for shooting movies :wub: without interruption.

Archived