TX City Listened

Although i live in Pasadena, I have alot of family on Broadway are in se Houston. I noticed 4 high mast lighting that was installed had been off for nearly 9 months. I drove in the rain one morning and almost ran over a man walking.(too dark) I emailed several people at the city and nothing. 311...Does that even work? I emailed the state and get a reply telling me a construction crew had messed with the line, and that it should be repaired soon. Sure enough the lights are back on from 45 to 225! According to Tx Dot the city maintains and is responsible for the lights.(although when they replace the bulbs big TXDOT trucks are the ones doing the work.)

311 normally does a much better job lately at least in my experiences. I usually email as backup and they issue you a ticket number for evidence quite fast.

I was stunned that the turn around was so quick last week. Sent email and did repairs 2 days later. It also depends who they send. Some put more effort in to the problem others just shrug off as your problem not thiers. Just luck of the draw, like Vegas.

• The title was changed to TX City Listened

Archived