Houston's Millionaire Tally Soars

This isn't a very thorough article and it's a month old, but I just came across it today:

Houston sees millionaire tally soar

Bayou City projected to have third-greatest increase in wealthy residents over next five years

Houston Business Journal

Houston is churning out newly minted millionaires at a dizzying pace.

Data compiled by Claritas Inc. shows that more than 58,569 millionaires lived in the Houston area in 2006, a 4.3 percent increase over 2005.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories.../16/story3.html

Does anyone have stats from the article? How we compare to other cities, etc.?

I saw this article a while back too on the Milwaukee BJ page. I don't have a subscription so I can't see anything more than anyone else but here's the one's I've run across and perhaps someone can fill in the blanks:

Ranked by total:

1) LA metro - 184,156

2) Chicago metro - 122,218

3) San Francisco metro - 111,190 -.37% growth through 2011

?) DFW metro - 69,710 +62.6% growth through 2011

?) Atlanta metro - ~64,000 +62.2% growth through 2011

?) Houston metro - 58,569 +61.6% growth through 2011

?) Tampa metro - 58,310 +51.3% growth through 2011

Then have a list ranked by % growth, it is a bit more vague so here's all I can find on that:

top 5:

"Topping the list in predicted millionaire creation is Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix and Orlando."

bottom 4:

"In minting millionaires, San Francisco's nearest competition is shaping up to be Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, all four at the bottom of the list of 25 metro areas studied by Claritas. "

random quote that you can't quite attach #s to:

"Other cities with the largest projected millionaire growth figures included Dallas, Phoenix, Orlando, Fla., Sacramento, Calif., and Houston.

I saw this article a while back too on the Milwaukee BJ page. I don't have a subscription so I can't see anything more than anyone else but here's the one's I've run across and perhaps someone can fill in the blanks:

Ranked by total:

1) LA metro - 184,156

2) Chicago metro - 122,218

3) San Francisco metro - 111,190 -.37% growth through 2011

?) DFW metro - 69,710 +62.6% growth through 2011

?) Atlanta metro - ~64,000 +62.2% growth through 2011

?) Houston metro - 58,569 +61.6% growth through 2011

?) Tampa metro - 58,310 +51.3% growth through 2011

Then have a list ranked by % growth, it is a bit more vague so here's all I can find on that:

top 5:

"Topping the list in predicted millionaire creation is Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix and Orlando."

bottom 4:

"In minting millionaires, San Francisco's nearest competition is shaping up to be Detroit, Pittsburgh and Cleveland, all four at the bottom of the list of 25 metro areas studied by Claritas. "

random quote that you can't quite attach #s to:

"Other cities with the largest projected millionaire growth figures included Dallas, Phoenix, Orlando, Fla., Sacramento, Calif., and Houston.

All the cities listed have approximately the same number of millionaires, relative to their size, except TAMPA?!? Holy shite. Tampa is about 1/4 the size of Houston and has the same number of millionaires? That's a lot of wealthy old coots and a wildly wealthy urban area.

Archived