Sherwood Oaks In Spring Branch

• 5 months later...

I'm a bit late to the game on this but... I grew up there and I have a lot of friends that still live there. My parents still live there, too. Sherwood Elem is ROUGH. Luckily, I went to Rummel Creek Elem before we moved to Sherwood Oaks. I wouldn't recommend sending your kids to Sherwood Elem. Spring Forest and Stratford are great, however.

The neighborhood itself is experiencing growing pains. The surrounding area is slowly being redeveloped and there's a lot of construction (from I-10) and new building going on, which is giving the residents headaches. But the people that live there are salt of the earth, upper-middle-class, good people. The back of the neighborhood is a little iffy, because of the crappy apartments behind Sherwood Oaks. But those are scheduled to be torn down within the next few years, so that problem will hopefully resolve itself.

I think Sherwood Oaks is a hidden treasure. My folks love it and will probably never leave. My friends that have moved back (as well as their parents who still live over there) love it, too. It's a good neighborhood with a lot of good neighbors who care about their subdivision and really take care of it and each other.

• The title was changed to Sherwood Oaks In Spring Branch