2007 Houston High School Football Season

northbeaumont

For the upcoming high school football season, will all of the public high schools in Houston be in Class 5a? Also, is North Shore High School in or around Galena Park? Or is it Galena Park High School? Many years ago I knew a girl who attended Galena Park High School. I don't recall her ever mentioning North Shore High School.

I think it's good that the Houston high schools share stadiums rather than one being at each campus. I assume that means that some teams play on Friday nights and others play on Saturday nights.

North Shore, is nowhere NEAR Galena Park, Galena Park is on 225, N.Shore is off I-10 a ways back. Not even in the same zipcode.

I thought that State Highway 225 goes through Pasadena, which is on the southside/shore of the ship channel and that Galena Park is the northside/shore. Well, are Galena Park and North Shore High Schools both in HISD?

North Shore is in North Shore I.S.D. and Galena High is in Galena Park I.S.D.

North Shore High School is in Galena Park ISD.

There is no North Shore ISD.

I think Galena Park HS plays in 4A

North Shore is 5A

Tjones,

Galena Park (the city) is off Clinton Dr at Main (Mercury) and also Holland. South of Jacinto City but North of the Ship Channel. The district is much larger and includes Jacinto City, and the North Shore area (I-10 at Uvalde, Woodforest, et al)

Actually, GPISD also has Galena Park HS.

North Shore HS is split into a 9-10 school and a 11-12 school.

Half of Jacinto City is in GPISD. The portion north of Market Street is in Houston ISD and is zoned to Whittier Elementary School (Jacinto City), Holland Middle School (Houston), and Furr High School (Houston).

For the GPISD portion:

* Almost all of it is zoned to Jacinto City Elementary School - one portion is zoned to Pyburn Elementary School (Houston) and one is zoned to MacArthur Elementary School (Galena Park)

* Most of it is zoned to Galena Park Middle School - some of it is zoned to Woodland Acres Middle School

* All of it is zoned to Galena Park High School

North Shore High School is in Galena Park ISD.

There is no North Shore ISD.

Tjones,

Galena Park (the city) is off Clinton Dr at Main (Mercury) and also Holland. South of Jacinto City but North of the Ship Channel. The district is much larger and includes Jacinto City, and the North Shore area (I-10 at Uvalde, Woodforest, et al)

Actually, GPISD also has Galena Park HS.

North Shore HS is split into a 9-10 school and a 11-12 school.

Half of Jacinto City is in GPISD. The portion north of Market Street is in Houston ISD and is zoned to Whittier Elementary School (Jacinto City), Holland Middle School (Houston), and Furr High School (Houston).

For the GPISD portion:

* Almost all of it is zoned to Jacinto City Elementary School - one portion is zoned to Pyburn Elementary School (Houston) and one is zoned to MacArthur Elementary School (Galena Park)

* Most of it is zoned to Galena Park Middle School - some of it is zoned to Woodland Acres Middle School

* All of it is zoned to Galena Park High School

It sounds complex. You really know your schools. Here in Beaumont, it was better back when I was in high school back in the 1970s. There were six public high schools in two districts. Now there is just one district and three high schools. From what I read on "5atexasfootball.com," Westbrook is in a district that has schools from Baytown and the Houston area in it.

It sounds complex. You really know your schools. Here in Beaumont, it was better back when I was in high school back in the 1970s. There were six public high schools in two districts. Now there is just one district and three high schools. From what I read on "5atexasfootball.com," Westbrook is in a district that has schools from Baytown and the Houston area in it.

Westbrook, Central. I played against both of them back in the 80's at Baytown Sterling when they were supposed to be powerhouses. We proved that theory wrong.

North Shore, NOW a powerhouse, was an absolute joke back then. They are now a pretty tough team to beat these days. I don't remember if North Shore was GPISD back in the 80's.

Anyone remember when La Porte HS football was the place to be on Friday nights, back in the 70's and early 80's ?

The following Houston schools are 4A:

District 19-4A: Wheatley, Kashmere, Sterling, Worthing, Jones, Furr, Scarborough

District 20-4A: Yates, Washington, Davis, Reagan, Sharpstown, Austin, Waltrip

District 21-4A: CE King, Forest Brook, Smiley

There's now only one 5A district with HISD schools:

District 20-5A: Lamar, Westside, Madison, Chavez, Bellaire, Westbury, Milby, Sam Houston

Growth and athletes crossing boundaries has helped North Shore....Pleasantville, an HISD neighborhood near 610 has seen plenty of athletes go down to North Shore instead of Furr.....

it's not the same in Houston as the former powers have suffered due to growth outside the city...it's very predictable now and the games aren't as intense

District 19-4A: Wheatley, Kashmere, Sterling, Worthing, Jones, Furr, Scarborough

District 20-5A: Lamar, Westside, Madison, Chavez, Bellaire, Westbury, Milby, Sam Houston

You sure know your high school football. District 21-4A is small with only three schools. I remember my high school playing Houston Smiley and Pasadena Dobie back in the 1970s.

So Houston has a total of 25 public high schools? Is North Shore HS within the Houston city limits? I'm curious as to where it is exactly. It must be in a district different from 20-5A.

C. E. King is not in the Houston city limits, and it is not in Houston ISD. Also, Smiley and Forest Brook, while in the Houston city limits, are in North Forest ISD.

Bellaire High School is in the city of Bellaire, but it is in Houston ISD.

North Shore High School is in Galena Park ISD, and it is NOT in the Houston city limits.

The following comprehensive high schools that I will list here ARE in the Houston city limits (As in, THE Houston city limits):

Houston ISD

* Austin High School

* Ch

C. E. King is not in the Houston city limits, and it is not in Houston ISD. Also, Smiley and Forest Brook, while in the Houston city limits, are in North Forest ISD.

Bellaire High School is in the city of Bellaire, but it is in Houston ISD.

North Shore High School is in Galena Park ISD, and it is NOT in the Houston city limits.

The following comprehensive high schools that I will list here ARE in the Houston city limits (As in, THE Houston city limits):

Houston ISD

* Austin High School

* Ch

Sam Rayburn still exists. It just does not serve any portions of the Houston city limits.

An excellent, extensive list! A cousin of mine who now lives in Indiana told me that she went to Sam Rayburn High School in Pasadena. Did it close down? Did its name change as a result of merging with another school?

Sam Rayburn is in Pasadena ISD

Also, Galena Park is south of I-10. Clinton Drive is the main stem.

Anyone remember when La Porte HS football was the place to be on Friday nights, back in the 70's and early 80's ?

Hell, yes. Played them back in the days when they ran the Wishbone. Tough, tough, tough.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived