Another weatherman retiring...

I was looking at this Ken Hoffman article on Chron.com and this is what it says...

"Earlier this year, weatherman Ed Brandon retired from Channel 13 after 25 years on the air.

Now I'm hearing the ground shake that another long, long, longtime Houston weatherman is going to hang up his dart and blindfold at the end of the year."

Looks like Houston could be in for something...

The article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/h...an/4954397.html

I was looking at this Ken Hoffman article on Chron.com and this is what it says..."Earlier this year, weatherman Ed Brandon retired from Channel 13 after 25 years on the air. Now I'm hearing the ground shake that another long, long, longtime Houston weatherman is going to hang up his dart and blindfold at the end of the year." Looks like Houston could be in for something...

It's almost certainly Neil Frank at KHOU. I've heard from friends there that he's wanted to retire for some time so he can spend more time with his family, while he's still healthy enough to enjoy life in retirement.

It's worth noting that he was 55 years old when he retired from the National Hurricane Center in 1987. That makes him 75 now. Amazing what TV makeup can do. I want some of whatever he's using.

My friend over there told me that every time Neil even mentions retirement, KHOU throws more money at him. I'm betting that he will finally tell them money isn't everything and hang'em up this year.

He's financially well fixed, he's in great shape for a 75 year old, and he owns a house in Colorado, where he vacations as often as he can. I'm willing to bet a six pack of your favorite that's where he and his wife will be living full time before the year's out, probably as soon as the hurricane season is over.

• 5 months later...
It's almost certainly Neil Frank at KHOU. I've heard from friends there that he's wanted to retire for some time so he can spend more time with his family, while he's still healthy enough to enjoy life in retirement.

It's worth noting that he was 55 years old when he retired from the National Hurricane Center in 1987. That makes him 75 now. Amazing what TV makeup can do. I want some of whatever he's using.

My friend over there told me that every time Neil even mentions retirement, KHOU throws more money at him. I'm betting that he will finally tell them money isn't everything and hang'em up this year.

He's financially well fixed, he's in great shape for a 75 year old, and he owns a house in Colorado, where he vacations as often as he can. I'm willing to bet a six pack of your favorite that's where he and his wife will be living full time before the year's out, probably as soon as the hurricane season is over.

FilioScotia, you just about hit the spot. "Doc" is now retiring, having spent most of his years trying to do so (finding a replacement did prove difficult) although somebody has already reported it on here a few days ago...

Of course Doc will continue to be around as a consultant once his formal retirement passes by. For now, his formal retirement date is unknown and supposedly he is trying to hang on until next hurricane season.

Archived