Best Paying School Districts

jm1fd

A friend of mine is considering relocating to the area to work as a teacher, and wants to target the districts that pay the most. She has over 10 years of experience, so she should be able to land just about anything she wants. So...which districts pay the most? I've dug around online a fair bit looking for this info, and I can find pay schedules online for some districts, but not others. It would be nice if everything could be found in one spot.

A friend of mine is considering relocating to the area to work as a teacher, and wants to target the districts that pay the most. She has over 10 years of experience, so she should be able to land just about anything she wants. So...which districts pay the most? I've dug around online a fair bit looking for this info, and I can find pay schedules online for some districts, but not others. It would be nice if everything could be found in one spot.

While I'm not aware of they are paying, I'd suggest she stay away from the Stafford MSD at this time, if she wants to teach middle school. There is currently an ongoing political battle with the Superintendent and the immediate staff. Depending on who wins, it will either be an excellent school (If the Superintendent wins) and a substandard school district.

I would assume some of the burbs would pay the most, but I always here about how HISD & Alief give out big bonuses & encentive pay to get the teachers to teach in the hood. Vicman is always posting stuff about school districts & what not, perhaps he would know?

I would assume some of the burbs would pay the most, but I always here about how HISD & Alief give out big bonuses & encentive pay to get the teachers to teach in the hood. Vicman is always posting stuff about school districts & what not, perhaps he would know?

All of the districts have their pay schedules online. I remember HISD as being somewhere in the middle.

Which districts is she considering teaching at?

All of the districts have their pay schedules online. I remember HISD as being somewhere in the middle.

Which districts is she considering teaching at?

She's open to pretty much any district, but would like to end up at a school/district where the parents are typically quite involved with their children's education.

She's open to pretty much any district, but would like to end up at a school/district where the parents are typically quite involved with their children's education.

Some Houston ISD schools have high levels of parental involvement - this is more typical of schools in wealthier districts (i.e. River Oaks, City of West University Place, City of Bellaire, Uptown Houston) - Most of the HISD schools are low income, and many of them do not have parental involvement. If she wants to work in HISD, she ought to find a school (or set of schools) that she wishes to teach at before being hired.

Spring Branch ISD is mostly wealthy (and parentally involved) south of I-10. After a specific point north of I-10, SBISD schools are mostly lower income and mostly Hispanic. I do not know the parental involvement in the north of I-10 area.

Pasadena ISD has a lower income, mostly Hispanic north (i.e. Pasadena HS, Sam Rayburn HS, South Houston HS). The southside of the district (i.e. Dobie HS and Pasadena Memorial HS) is still mostly middle class and mixed between White and Hispanic. I do not know the parental involvement in PISD.

Alief ISD and Aldine ISD have uniformly "inner city" demographics. I do not know the parental involvement levels in these two districts.

North Forest ISD, small but extremely turbulent, should be avoided at all costs. Read about the scandal about firing and being forced to rehire James Simpson.

Clear Creek ISD and Katy ISD seem to be mostly uniformly middle class, and she should not have trouble finding parental involvement in the districts. Klein ISD north of Cypress Creek, The Woodlands section of Conroe ISD, and almost all of Cypress-Fairbanks ISD are middle class as well, and she should look into those districts if she wants to teach in a suburban environment.

Deer Park pays well as does Clear Creek ISD.

Deer Park pays well as does Clear Creek ISD.

Here's a link to the pay schedule in the Pasadena ISD. It's on the low side.

http://www.pasadenaisd.org/personnel/teach...hedule06-07.pdf

Cypress-Fairbanks ISD pays more, but a Master's pays the same as a Bachelor's. It's known for a high level of parental involvement.

http://www.cfisd.net/humanres/salary.htm

The Katy ISD is also up there with CyFair, and it's also known for parental involvement.

http://www.katyisd.org/files/services/huma...arySchedule.pdf

Here's the Spring Branch ISD salary schedule, but I wouldn't recommend SBISD unless you can get an ironclad guarantee that you would teach in one of the schools south of I-10.

http://www.springbranchisd.com/person/jobs...ryschedules.htm

And believe it or not, the Houston ISD pays better than any of the suburban ISD's. That's because the school board knows it has to stay ahead of the burbs because many teachers would leave in a heartbeat if they could make more money in the burbs. Check out the salary schedule.

http://www.houstonisd.org/HumanResources/H...8_Schedules.pdf

You don't say what degree your friend has, but a starting teacher with a bachelor's can make 42k a year in HISD.

Klein ISD starts teachers with a Bachelors Degree at $40,150, Thats with 0-1 years of experience.

Bachelor's Degree-$40,150 to $60,475

Master's Degree-$41,150 to $63,177

Doctor's Degree-$42,150 to $64,812

Archived