Property Management

Vertigo58

I worked as a Property Management Assistant some years ago in Los Angeles. I found it to be very interesting especially since we were on the West side right on Wilshire Blvd or rather near Westwood/UCLA.

The grounds covered the whole city block and comprised of 2 high rise luxury apartment buildings. Majority of tenants were middle aged to senior (celebrities too) but they were from all parts of the country and the world. I was wondering if it is something to go back to. I mean not just managing the buildings but getting into the real estate side of the business. What kind of opportunities can result from learning the ins and out of managing business properties. I would like to work with a Gerald Hines type of environment. Pros, cons?

On a seperate note it was great hearing stories from tenants who would tell me how they had lived in NYC high rises since childhood and they were quite accustomed to the environment. Other seniors told me of their personal stories of coming to LA in the 1920's trying to get discovered in the movie biz. They were true walking history. :)

Archived