Eastwood Civic Association

After reading and lurking for quite a while I've finally become a registered user. Hi east-end neighbors!

These forums have been a tremendous source for me. I'll be an official Eastwood neighbor in a couple of weeks.....(after which I'll probably never leave the hood, since all my time and money will go to the very charming but very old house I'm buying...) Am thinking I'll check out the civic association but notice that their website hasn't been updated since the May meeting. Wondering if any of you live in Eastwood proper and/or know anything about the civic assoc? Pet projects, 'character' of the group, etc.

Have you noticed in the past couple of weeks there are a lot of homes new on the market? If they're getting ask price (I'm guessing so based on my own situation), the transition of the area will be well under way.

After reading and lurking for quite a while I've finally become a registered user. Hi east-end neighbors!

These forums have been a tremendous source for me. I'll be an official Eastwood neighbor in a couple of weeks.....(after which I'll probably never leave the hood, since all my time and money will go to the very charming but very old house I'm buying...) Am thinking I'll check out the civic association but notice that their website hasn't been updated since the May meeting. Wondering if any of you live in Eastwood proper and/or know anything about the civic assoc? Pet projects, 'character' of the group, etc.

Have you noticed in the past couple of weeks there are a lot of homes new on the market? If they're getting ask price (I'm guessing so based on my own situation), the transition of the area will be well under way.

Within Eastwood proper, there are currently six active, one with an option, and four pending. There have been four sales in 2007, YTD. Two of those sales, each on the high end, came in above ask. It's a healthy market, considering that a lot of homes get listed in summer months.

I bought a home last year for a remodel job, but my partner on the buy is living there and we've each agreed that the appreciation potentials over the next five years make it look more like a 'hold' than a 'flip'.

Its good that newcomers use this site as a guide, however you must use your own instincts and common sense as in any decision. The great thing about the area sometimes referred to The Near East End is that you are close to freeway systems, etc. It all depends on each person/families own needs ie; if your children are priority, I would find out how the local schools rank. That is really important to me. Crime is another biggee. There are some here that can help you there. In any case glad your here and invite your friends! :D

Oh, and you will love the people on this forum, they are just angels. Friend's to the end!

Yea, I was outbid on one those very recent sales over ask. ....... In retrospect, glad it happend becasue I like this second one a lot more. I've been renting here for a while and watching some of the properties. Has the flip on Bell and Dumble finally sold? Felt bad for whomever did that one, they had to drop the price a lot. At least one FSBO on Leeland finally caved and went with an agent. That will be very telling if they can get their price for a house with little to no updating, and window units still.

Welcome crunchtastic!

The Eastwood Civic Association is a pretty active and engaged group, from what I've seen. Meetings are the first Monday of each month. They cover issues relevant to what's happening in the neighborhood and usually have a guest speaker. Carol Alvarado - our city council rep - or one of her reps is usually there, as well as reps from the constable's office, neighborhood protection, etc. Not sure why the site's not up-to-date; civic groups are typically run by volunteers, so maybe they've just been busy. I have sent messages to them via that website before and gotten a quick and helpful response.

Another thing that's cool will be national night out in august. The civic association hosts an outing - the past few years it's been on the esplinade at Lockwood/Park. Not sure about this year. I bet you can send them a message to their website and they can add you to their mailing list so you can stay in the loop.

Welcome crunchtastic!

The Eastwood Civic Association is a pretty active and engaged group, from what I've seen. Meetings are the first Monday of each month. They cover issues relevant to what's happening in the neighborhood and usually have a guest speaker. Carol Alvarado - our city council rep - or one of her reps is usually there, as well as reps from the constable's office, neighborhood protection, etc. Not sure why the site's not up-to-date; civic groups are typically run by volunteers, so maybe they've just been busy. I have sent messages to them via that website before and gotten a quick and helpful response.

Another thing that's cool will be national night out in august. The civic association hosts an outing - the past few years it's been on the esplinade at Lockwood/Park. Not sure about this year. I bet you can send them a message to their website and they can add you to their mailing list so you can stay in the loop.

There isn't a meeting in July or December. The next meeting is the first Monday in August.

I live in Broadmoor, which is one of several subdivisions included in the Eastwood Civic Association. Last year, Broadmoor's separate National Night Out gathering was at the home of Constable Victor Trevino. Catered barbecue from Lenox, a mariachi band, officers from various law enforcement organizations, politicians, etc. In spite of the 90-degree weather, a good time was had by all.

• The title was changed to Eastwood Civic Association

Archived