Blown in Insulation

Guest Marty

I was researching the blow in insulation product and heard that it causes lung cancer, I thought about this when i was cleaning my box fan and i notice the blow in insulation stuff cake up on my fan. I wonder if they will treat this in the same manner as the asbestos contamination?

I was researching the blow in insulation product and heard that it causes lung cancer, I thought about this when i was cleaning my box fan and i notice the blow in insulation stuff cake up on my fan. I wonder if they will treat this in the same manner as the asbestos contamination?

what type of material is the insulation made of? there is more than one type of blown in insulation.

Have you looked into this new Denim insulation product? It's basically recycled jean denim, no harmful chemicals, no itch, mold and fungus can't grow in it, you can literally lay your newborn on it if you wanted. The added bonus is that it's good at sound insulation as well. I believe they offer that blown in insulation of the stuff as well.

Guest Marty
that still scares me. my dad has seen that burn as a firefighter for 43 yrs...even though there is a flame retardant.

I did not think about the fire potential :unsure: now i am definitely saving my money to get this stuff vacuumed out of my attic .

I did not think about the fire potential :unsure: now i am definitely saving my money to get this stuff vacuumed out of my attic .

i'm looking to put another layer in mine..right now i only have R19. i wanted joists exposed til i was certain i was done with work. plus i want to leave walkways wasily accessible.

Edited by musicman