What Beneficial Language?

Next question is: What kind of clients do you want to attract? Specialization?

To be honest, knowing as many languages as possible would be helpful. I'd start with Chinese. They're a growing market, then Japanese, unless you want some European work, then pick up one of those languages.

But if most of your clients are going to be based in the United states, then just stick with english unless you WANT to learn other languages.

Yeah, well I guess when it comes to clients it can really be any language. Also sounds like when it comes to the people you'll be working with immediately here in the U.S. obviously will be in English. I suppose I'll just go for what language I want, depending what part in Europe I'd think about expanding to, or having connections with.

Thanks though

Edited by flyingman

Spanish first. Chinese second.

There is a HUGE influx of Mexican nationals seeking to invest in the US right now. This is happening in Houston, Austin, Albookirkey, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, San Diego and LA.

Most Chinese businessmen are pretty well spoken in English as it is pretty much the global standard for business.

What language other that English, would be beneficial to learn in the world of Architecture and related business? What language would take me further?

in the US? spanish.

overseas?mandarin or arabic.

What language other that English, would be beneficial to learn in the world of Architecture and related business? What language would take me further?

in the US? spanish.

overseas?mandarin or arabic.