We Have Spoken Over Here In Pasadena

Well as politics go, Pasadena has had a colorful Political history, as do many Texas towns. Our current mayor , John Manlove pushed a major city charter change a little to fast for most folks. The whole list of charter changes were riddled with far too many unclear plans for a strong city maager governnent. The speed and methods used and orchastrated by the mayor and his hand picked charter review committee, of well known business persons, made the citizens against the drastic changes start getting the Vote No Movement all geared up. Most Vote No foks felt there was a hidden agenda, associated with how the mayor and some city council members mwere backing the changes and helping the mayor even though a vast majority of us realized we never asked for the changes. The masterplan was to hire a high priced city boss with what seemed like way too much power whilst stripping council members of controls that have been in their capable hands for several decades. " If it ain't Broken, don't fix it ' rally slogan came about from a group of citizens sponsered by many former mayors and council members that felt that the mayor was pushing a major change at voters without truely advising or educating them on the long term financial burdens and Governing format. At first the process was slow and easy and all of a sudden the whole plan was rushed to be voted on ( Non Mayoral ) at a time when fewer voters would bother to get out and vote. But thanks to the ones of us that were against the Charter Changes more citizens were United in stopping a plan that might have distroyed our Working form of Government. So now you have a little better understanding of why I stated in a Pasadena sub post " We have Spoken over here in Pasadena,Texas"

I only touched on the Charter Changes this time but believe me far to many under the table dealings are going on at your city government level and unless you take an active roll in watching them and attending city council meetings the changes these folks that you voted into office may very well slip a change by you that will negatively change yours and your families lives for decades to come.

Well as politics go, Pasadena has had a colorful Political history, as do many Texas towns. Our current mayor , John Manlove pushed a major city charter change a little to fast for most folks. The whole list of charter changes were riddled with far too many unclear plans for a strong city maager governnent. The speed and methods used and orchastrated by the mayor and his hand picked charter review committee, of well known business persons, made the citizens against the drastic changes start getting the Vote No Movement all geared up. Most Vote No foks felt there was a hidden agenda, associated with how the mayor and some city council members mwere backing the changes and helping the mayor even though a vast majority of us realized we never asked for the changes. The masterplan was to hire a high priced city boss with what seemed like way too much power whilst stripping council members of controls that have been in their capable hands for several decades. " If it ain't Broken, don't fix it ' rally slogan came about from a group of citizens sponsered by many former mayors and council members that felt that the mayor was pushing a major change at voters without truely advising or educating them on the long term financial burdens and Governing format. At first the process was slow and easy and all of a sudden the whole plan was rushed to be voted on ( Non Mayoral ) at a time when fewer voters would bother to get out and vote. But thanks to the ones of us that were against the Charter Changes more citizens were United in stopping a plan that might have distroyed our Working form of Government. So now you have a little better understanding of why I stated in a Pasadena sub post " We have Spoken over here in Pasadena,Texas"

I only touched on the Charter Changes this time but believe me far to many under the table dealings are going on at your city government level and unless you take an active roll in watching them and attending city council meetings the changes these folks that you voted into office may very well slip a change by you that will negatively change yours and your families lives for decades to come.

Can you be more specific? I just don't really understand what exactly is going on here. Examples would help.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you be more specific? I just don't really understand what exactly is going on here. Examples would help.

One example was changing audits from every month to once a year, as many thought that would allow monies to be allocated and allow more time to hide those monies true use. Kind of like "oh well too late to do anything about that now".

Charter changes were voted on and voted NO for good reason, many felt underhanded manuvering was going on.

I am sorry I have a poor memory for the Charter Change mishandling and the city web site has since deleted their coverage and recordings.

A Project of grand Scale was the "Road to Nowhere" Strawberry road extention, was a home buyout of over 30 homes along Scott street and by all account the people in the neighborhood did not ask for it nor did citizen throughout Pasadena. But the current administration spent Millions of taxpayer dollars and have now lost residential taxes on all of those proprties forever. Displacement of over 30 families for nothing hurts even more. The Mayor and Council rushed that one past voters. If you are a Registered Voter you should try to attend a few of your city council meetings, your voice can make a difference.

• The title was changed to We Have Spoken Over Here In Pasadena