Victims for Victims - 1984 Film

Vertigo58

I have not seen this movie in years but I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to check it out. The film of Theresa Saldana was released in 1984 and opened many eyes to another sad reality of life. Her attack occurred in broad daylight with numerous witness's. It is hard to see this scene without :( Even more bizarre is that she was brave enough to re-inact the movie as herself! I will attach a short synopsis.

You also have to check out the story of Rebecca Schaeffer. In both cases these ladies were being stalked by people with bizarre illusions. In Rebecca's case the stalker was able to get her personal info via DMV records, etc. This guy had just got her autograph 20 minutes earlier posing as a flower delivery man. He was also trailing Debby Gibson & Tiffany about the same time.

Read on.

Theresa Saldana founded the organization Victims for Victims after surviving a nearly fatal knife attack by a deranged admirer.Shortly after her appearance in Raging Bull (1980), a lunatic religious fanatic, who claimed to have been ordered by higher powers, attacked and attempted to murder her. After a long, hard recovery, Ms. Saldana has devoted her life to helping other women who have had similar traumatic experiences.While the lunatic was struggling with Saldana on her front lawn, a bottled-water deliveryman was driving by. He rushed to Saldana's assistance, subdued the lunatic and summoned medical help for her. Before stalking was a well-known crime in North America, there was Theresa Saldana's story. A drifter from the U.K., Arthur Jackson, flies to the U.S. to seek Saldana out. His twisted mission: Jackson planned to murder Saldana, then request the death sentence for himself so he "could join her in paradise". The psychopathic Jackson confronts Saldana on the street in front of her home, and stabs her violently several times. No one comes to Theresa's aid except water deliveryman Jeff Fenn, who overpowers Jackson and gets the knife away from him. Jackson is arrested & charged with attempted murder...and Theresa Saldana tells her story of terror and survival as herself in this TV movie.

Theresa won major attention in 1980 as Joe Pesci's wife in Raging Bull (1980).

I have not seen this movie in years but I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to check it out. The film of Theresa Saldana was released in 1984 and opened many eyes to another sad reality of life. Her attack occurred in broad daylight with numerous witness's. It is hard to see this scene without :( Even more bizarre is that she was brave enough to re-inact the movie as herself! I will attach a short synopsis.

You also have to check out the story of Rebecca Schaeffer. In both cases these ladies were being stalked by people with bizarre illusions. In Rebecca's case the stalker was able to get her personal info via DMV records, etc. This guy had just got her autograph 20 minutes earlier posing as a flower delivery man. He was also trailing Debby Gibson & Tiffany about the same time.

Read on.

Theresa Saldana founded the organization Victims for Victims after surviving a nearly fatal knife attack by a deranged admirer.Shortly after her appearance in Raging Bull (1980), a lunatic religious fanatic, who claimed to have been ordered by higher powers, attacked and attempted to murder her. After a long, hard recovery, Ms. Saldana has devoted her life to helping other women who have had similar traumatic experiences.While the lunatic was struggling with Saldana on her front lawn, a bottled-water deliveryman was driving by. He rushed to Saldana's assistance, subdued the lunatic and summoned medical help for her. Before stalking was a well-known crime in North America, there was Theresa Saldana's story. A drifter from the U.K., Arthur Jackson, flies to the U.S. to seek Saldana out. His twisted mission: Jackson planned to murder Saldana, then request the death sentence for himself so he "could join her in paradise". The psychopathic Jackson confronts Saldana on the street in front of her home, and stabs her violently several times. No one comes to Theresa's aid except water deliveryman Jeff Fenn, who overpowers Jackson and gets the knife away from him. Jackson is arrested & charged with attempted murder...and Theresa Saldana tells her story of terror and survival as herself in this TV movie.

Theresa won major attention in 1980 as Joe Pesci's wife in Raging Bull (1980).

some ppl are just crazy.gif

i'll be sure to add that movie to my que sounds interesting.

some ppl are just crazy.gif

i'll be sure to add that movie to my que sounds interesting.

Around this time I stopped at a gas station to fill up. As I went in to pay I hardly payed any attention to 2-3 people standing around the side of the building. After I came out and started pumping my gas I had a strange feeling someone was near me. I was just hanging up the hose and this person said my name "are'nt you such & such person? This big guy was standing right behind me and I assumed it was a person who knew me. I had never seen him before? :ph34r: He says that guy over there said he knew you pointing to the group by the side of the building. Freaky. I am a bit near sighted and could not hardly make out who it was. I just said hey and got in my car and drove off. That was just a little too close for comfort. I really thought he had a knife or gun. I always keep a full turn around look as I pump gas now. It seems months later this person I hardly recall claimed he was there but it was still weird to send a strange wierdo to say hi for you.

I think all of us have known others that have close brushes with :wacko:

• 1 year later...

Archived