Tile shower cost?

oh man that sux!! sorry to hear bout that mumbles.

that's one of the things that really irritates me. i just don't understand y ppl do things and they do it half way or even commit to do something if they dont know what they're doing.

ppl just dont take pride in their work anymore or have a concience or care for others.

i too got screwed cuz i let some guys do work that they said they had YEARS of experience doing and they screwed up royally. i was able to find their mistakeS quickly and gave them an opp. to fix it, they still screwed up cuz i find out they weren't as experienced as they said they were.

i ended up having them refund me ALL the money and just took the time to do some research and did the job myself. it's sad but when u have ppl do work for u, u literally have to make sure they do it right and don't be afraid or embarrased to ask questions.

good luck w/ the project :)

Nobody fills in the holes around the valves with putty or anything. All you're supposed to do is silicone around the escutcheons and the tub filler.

Now if you've got a leak at the valve that's a whole different story.

Everyone reading this should pick up a tube of clear silicone and a tube of white tub caulk and go seal their escutcheons and caulk their tub!

flipper

yup, flipper is right on the dot with this. you dont use putty or anything in those holes. only place u would use putty would be at the faucet spout in a tub. let me look for some details to post to help others out. i'm more of a visual person, so hopefully visuals will help others.

ok here u go hope this helps

fig9.jpg

fig10.jpg

I considered just putting some caulk around it but I have a book that says to fill the escutcheons with putty. I didn't really mean to jam it in the holes. Putty seemed the neater way to go and I am happy to say no water droplets this morning. Course I'm sure that putty will dry out and crumble in time.

Flipper is right everyone needs to go take care of their escutcheons. I have been out house shopping and now that I know what goes on in the walls I will never buy a house that doesn't have an access panel to the tub.

I have been out house shopping and now that I know what goes on in the walls I will never buy a house that doesn't have an access panel to the tub.

with new type construction it is surprising how many don't have this feature. it also surprises me how many have a toilet next to the bathtub.

The toilet has to be next to the bathtub, you don't want to run expensive pipes all over the place ;) Gotta keep em close together and keep the leaks in the walls hidden. You know how much an extra few feet of pipe would cost times 100's of homes? If you put in an access panel then you have to trim it out, thats more money.

Last house I looked at was built in 78 and you would have had to go through the kitchen cabinets to access the back of the tub faucets. Their grout was all patched up, I feel really sorry for whoever bought the house, they are gonna find tons o rot one day.

with new type construction it is surprising how many don't have this feature. it also surprises me how many have a toilet next to the bathtub.

aren't most houses still built that way? with toilets next to tubs? typ. most homes do this for space and cost, but if u start going into the high end resedential then that's when the toilet is away from the tub. some even have the toilet in its own litte room within the bathroom.

aren't most houses still built that way? with toilets next to tubs? typ. most homes do this for space and cost, but if u start going into the high end resedential then that's when the toilet is away from the tub. some even have the toilet in its own litte room within the bathroom.

i have a 2 bed/1 bath. it's not like that and the bathroom is small. it's just a bad compromise that builders made probably in the 70's. when i see expensive homes built like this i cringe.

Archived