Finger Furniture At 17355 TX-249

psilverot

I just noticed today that the shopping strip across from Willowbrook Mall will be getting a Fingers Furniture. This is same the shopping center with the AMC 24 Movie theatre. Any opinions on this? Is it good to have a Fingers Furniture?

I just noticed today that the shopping strip across from Willowbrook Mall will be getting a Fingers Furniture. This is same the shopping center with the AMC 24 Movie theatre. Any opinions on this? Is it good to have a Fingers Furniture?

It's only good if you want convenient access to crappy furniture.

It makes sense.

West, North and NW Harris County are the fastest growing areas around. Lots of new homes going up all the time, and lots of families moving in. Families need furniture.

This will give Finger's three stores on the North side. Deerbrook, Greenspoint, and now Willowbrook. I wonder when the West side will get one.

I'm puzzled by the fact that Finger's has only one store on the west side -- in Sharpstown. I think a store in the I-10 corridor, say, somewhere between the Beltway and Katy would be very successful. A helluva lot of growth going on out there.

Like Sears in Westwood...some locations are too good to abandon when things are going right...if they move to I-10 they are instantly competing with someone else and the loyal base they've developed may not follow or cause the stores to split which leads to one closing

if they move to I-10 they are instantly competing with someone else

I think -- correct me if I'm wrong -- but Star Furniture may be the only serious competition Finger's would have on I-10 west. I can't think of another furniture store of comparable size in the I-10 corridor outside the Beltway.

So you think Finger's should just cede that area to Star?

Star has always struck me as more "up-scale" than Finger's. Sort of like the difference between Dillard's and Sears. I think Finger's and its ability to cater to both middle and upper income buyers could give Star a serious run for the money on the west side.

• 4 weeks later...

Which retail spot are they going into? Do you happen to know? I would presume it is the one where the old EXPO was or maybe where Linens and Things is? Why not the old building where that high end appliance stor was over by CostCo. What was the name of that place? They still have one down by BW8 and I10. Anyways, The furniture store behind Wendy's closed so they wouldn't have any nearby competition.

• The title was changed to Finger Furniture
  • The title was changed to Finger Furniture At 17355 TX-249

Archived