Daily Court Review...buying a foreclosed home in Houston

the niche was nice enough to provide this source for purchasing foreclosed homes.

after reading and browsing through the "Daily Court Review" I noticed they offer a 3 day seminar for purchasing foreclosed homes in Houston.

I'm interested in taking this course and was wondering if anyone here has taken the 3 day class, and if it was worth it. anyone?

thanks.

the niche was nice enough to provide this source for purchasing foreclosed homes.

after reading and browsing through the "Daily Court Review" I noticed they offer a 3 day seminar for purchasing foreclosed homes in Houston.

I'm interested in taking this course and was wondering if anyone here has taken the 3 day class, and if it was worth it. anyone?

thanks.

We've never taken the course. HC can give you instructions if you need them. Research the properties. Make sure if you win you'll have the income to sustaine the time it might take to either flip it or have the out-lay to turn it into a profitable income property. Personaly, I'd prefer to flip at this time. We're not much into aquiring any more rental properties for many reasons (age and health for starters). If you are younger and more willing to make an informed "gamble" (as I was at one time) I'd say go with your gut.

HC can give you instructions if you need them.

please forgive my nooBness to abbreviations :blush: but does HC mean harris county?

if so where exactly do i call to obtain this information?

Make sure if you win you'll have the income to sustaine the time it might take to either flip it or have the out-lay to turn it into a profitable income property. Personaly, I'd prefer to flip at this time. We're not much into aquiring any more rental properties for many reasons (age and health for starters). If you are younger and more willing to make an informed "gamble" (as I was at one time) I'd say go with your gut.

i have money saved up, and looked at the list the daily court review provided, and there's a house that is being foreclosed that is literally in the same neighborhood my cousin lives. i went to go see the house and it need some work, but it doesn't look like anything too bad. and of course there are back taxes that have to be paid.

it's nothign grand as i want to start off low, the market value of the house is like 100k or something but the bidding starts of really low.

i doubt it'll stay at the starting bid, but i still want to go so that i can at least get the experience of how things work over there :) but who knows maybe it'll be a day that i get my first foreclosed home ;)

TexasArchitect,

Where did you get the Daily Court Review from? Sounds like interesting reading...

The Niche is his screen name, i'm kind of new to this site so I don't really know people's names on here but that is his screen name. he provided that link for me when i aked in a different thread where i need to go for foreclosed homes.

if you look in this same thread but futher down you'll see a topic called "for all the home flippers" scroll all the way down and you'll see The Niche's post, i don't know who he is but he's been very resourceful and helpful B)

Archived