I've picked up a project for a CDC here in Houston as sort of a feel good project for me.

I need to find some shotgun style home plans though. 25' wide, approx 1500 square foot. Anyone know any good stock plan resources that might have some good plans for these?

Your help is appreciated.

Yup. CDC == Community Development Corporation.

Any ideas guys?

I know exactly where you can still find "original" plans for shotgun homes circa 1890-1910 era.

I was flipping through one of mine just last night. I love these houses! It saddens me to see them in the morning when I drive by them to work only to see them flattened on the way back! :wacko: The streets an both sides of Dowling are being devoured by developement. I want so bad to buy one and take home with me, but there is never enough time and red tape only hampers my efforts.

Dover Publications has numerous books on the subject. Go online. I am big time into turn of the century architecture, especially Edwardian, Victorian Gothic and Beaux Arts. This is one of the only last resources for such wealth of information. My ultimate dream is to build a huge Victorian in original style none of these cheap imitations we see being built around town. Like Coca-Cola once said...It's The real thing baby!

Here's the link, time to worship! :P

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subj...riod-style.html

Edited by Vertigo58

Stop by Project Row House in Third Ward. They are mostly rehabed shotgun houses. They are rescueing the shotgun houses from destruction by developers.

Maybe someone there in the office can help you further. They seem to be buying a lot of them and fixing them up to house young mothers and help them get back on thier feet. Very good and worthy program.

http://www.projectrowhouses.org/

713-526-7662

Also using a few of them to help young artist by giving them a studio and exposure. Again, very good and worthy program ;)

Wow. Great find. Thanks.

A bit off the subject but the other day in the news, FEMA said they are selling hundreds of used FEMA campers. They may need some repairs but they must be a real bargain. I wouldnt mind having one. The inside seemed large, beds, sink everything. There more than likely is a website for all of this stuff. Never know when you'll get kicked out of your house? This will do the trick instead of a park bench! :lol:

A bit off the subject but the other day in the news, FEMA said they are selling hundreds of used FEMA campers. They may need some repairs but they must be a real bargain. I wouldnt mind having one. The inside seemed large, beds, sink everything. There more than likely is a website for all of this stuff. Never know when you'll get kicked out of your house? This will do the trick instead of a park bench! :lol:

hahahaha

I'd love to have a camper. If they are cheap, who knows. Insta-shack. Surfside, here I come!

• 1 year later...