Success of Furniture stores in Houston.........

so Houston has it's furniture icon, gallery furniture w/ "matress mac". Obviously jim McIngvale is doing well financially. Recently I hear that the owner of Hilton furniture, the "that's a fact jack" guy has bought the comets, so obviously he's doing well too. Now it looks like that spanish lady w/ the super nova furniture is heading up there too, and I see that "Bean Bag" place expanding.

what is up w/ these ppl in the furniture business doing so well????

do they make the furniture themselves?? someone told me that they import all the furniture cheap from China, but I can't imagine the price of importing big pieces of furniture from China to be cheap.

so what's the deal with Houston and furniture?? Is there a big demand here for furniture? I don't recall anything like this sort of success w/ furniture where I'm from......

Its basically "instant gratification shopping." Buy it Today, Get it Tomorrow. I see a lot of that in the burbs. They want their entire house fully furnished down to the accessories within one month of move in. Truck loads pull up with prices tags hanging off.

Personally, we loved saving up our money and buy some really great pieces. And over the course of 16 years we have a great house full of character that's doesn't look like a Louis Shanks/Gallery/Star Furniture Model Home.

Archived