Happy Mother's Day!

As you know, Mother's Day is this sunday but I am struggling to find her the right present. Me being on a college student's budget I can't spend too much. I want to give her something that she'll really love and will be useful. Please help out Please!! Thanks. :(

Join the club my friend, but I figured it out today, I am having the kiddos take a picture at The Picture People on Friday, and then frame it, and get some roses together with it. I am also cooking out for her, and my wife Sunday. I will have to figure something for the kiddos to get for my wife.

Here is ONE idea for you though, I did this for Christmas a few years back. Try to find one or two pictures of you from each year since you have been born. Put them in chronilogical order and into a small picture book. The book will be about the size of the pictures with one picture for each page. She can flip through the years, seeing you grow up. I guarantee it will bring a tear to her eye, and she will cherish it. Don't ask HER for the pics though, you have to be discreet, so she won't clue in to what you are doing.

Edited by TJones

I'm with TJ on this one.

A nice current photo of you, framed and matted in a nice frame. If you use a wide white mat, you can also use the mat to write something nice on it, like how much you love & appreciate her, etc. Also, flowers are great, get her favorite kind, maybe she loves tulips instead of roses. And, sharing a meal with her, catching her up on what's been going on in her life is also a great idea.

As far as TJ's wife goes, on presents from the kids, I would recommend anything handmade by the kids. I still have stuff my kids made when they were little, even the simple cards on construction paper. If you want something a little nicer, places like The Potter's Wheel lets kids paint simple things like plates and coffee mugs.

As you know, Mother's Day is this sunday but I am struggling to find her the right present. Me being on a college student's budget I can't spend too much. I want to give her something that she'll really love and will be useful. Please help out Please!! Thanks. :(

Maybe a photocopy of your grades (if they're good!) and say "Thanks mom!"

Join the club my friend, but I figured it out today, I am having the kiddos take a picture at The Picture People on Friday, and then frame it, and get some roses together with it. I am also cooking out for her, and my wife Sunday. I will have to figure something for the kiddos to get for my wife.

Here is ONE idea for you though, I did this for Christmas a few years back. Try to find one or two pictures of you from each year since you have been born. Put them in chronilogical order and into a small picture book. The book will be about the size of the pictures with one picture for each page. She can flip through the years, seeing you grow up. I guarantee it will bring a tear to her eye, and she will cherish it. Don't ask HER for the pics though, you have to be discreet, so she won't clue in to what you are doing.

All kidding aside, Mom knows your situation and is content to just be recognized for the time being and let her know that you'll always be there for her in the future.

Thanking her profusely for everything she's done and apologizing for the bad things (that shows a bit of maturity on your part) and tell her that she really does mean alot to you.

Now if you win the lotto: buy mom a house or put her in a luxury old folks home. :)

• The title was changed to Happy Mother's Day!