Auto Repair Question

Hi, can anyone recommend me auto shops that specialize in headlight repair (I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra) within the city of Pearland? I went to the Midas on Broadway and they told me they don't fix headlights..only tail lights.

Thanks

Hi, can anyone recommend me auto shops that specialize in headlight repair (I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra) within the city of Pearland? I went to the Midas on Broadway and they told me they don't fix headlights..only tail lights.

Thanks

Kenneth, your '99 Sentra is a pretty easy fix, the bulb comes out from the housing, open the hood of your car and just locate where you see the wires coming into the light housing, the bulb is attached to those wires, simply twist to the left and pull out, replace bulb into socket (like a fuse), and install the light back into the housing, using a push and right turn this time. If, you cannot complete this task, simply go to your nearest O'Reilly, or Advantage Autoparts, they will be happy to install it for you.

Can't you do this yourself with the instructions from the manual? Wear gloves if you are afraid of getting scratched or dirty. But for general car repair, I have had very good luck with Elliott's, Pearland Tire and Auto, West Pearland Tire and Auto, and Brown's. I have had bad experiences with both Midas and Meineke.

marmer

Can't you do this yourself with the instructions from the manual? Wear gloves if you are afraid of getting scratched or dirty. But for general car repair, I have had very good luck with Elliott's, Pearland Tire and Auto, West Pearland Tire and Auto, and Brown's. I have had bad experiences with both Midas and Meineke.

marmer

Also, the halogen bulbs burn very got, if you get body oils from your hand on the new bulb it will burn out almost immediatly. If you have HID headlamps you need to go to a dealer. Independents are not very good at diagnosing and repairing them.

joe

marmer

I would have to second the Elliott's. He is an honest guy from my experience.

G

Lonnie Elliot owns Elliot's and is a friend of mine. We go to the same church. His wife runs O'Day's hardware which is a pretty good place to go to find hard to find plumbing and electrical parts from around the house. Another good auto shop is Ellis automotive on Wagon Wheel and Fite Rd. Rick Ellis is the owner and they will fix it right the first time. I get all my work done there.

Lonnie Elliot owns Elliot's and is a friend of mine. We go to the same church. His wife runs O'Day's hardware which is a pretty good place to go to find hard to find plumbing and electrical parts from around the house. Another good auto shop is Ellis automotive on Wagon Wheel and Fite Rd. Rick Ellis is the owner and they will fix it right the first time. I get all my work done there.

Do you tell Elliot that your cars never have a problem ? :lol: Man, with friends like you ! Does Elliot not fix it right the first time ? :D

Kenneth, have you fixed the light yet, or am I gonna have to make a trip down to Pearland ?

Yes, we have been very happy with the way we are treated at Elliott's. Lonnie is a good guy. We have one old "second car" and they have been able to keep it passing emissions inspection. I have to say that, more than once, Elliott's did NOT fix it right the first time on my wife's car. In all fairness, they kept working on it until it was fixed at no additional cost, and they are close and convenient to our house. Nice to know about Ellis. We also use O'Days whenever possible and we like the service and selection there.

• The title was changed to Auto Repair Question

Archived