Port of Fort Worth Developments

Absolutely! I had several friends that lived off of 8th Ave., a little bit south of W. Allen. I tried to put an offer on a 1923 house back in there once, but the owner would not sell it. She didn't live in it, but grew up in it, and could not stand the thought of anyone else living in it. It just sat there, empty. My best friend lived 2 houses down from it. What a waste.

Remember the Winn Dixie at 8th & W Allen st. ^_^ I think it's a Fiesta now.

We like Fort Worth.

Translation: " the hyper-criticism of anything Dallas does not apply to it's urban neighbor so we can focus on the 'common enemy'!"

Reality: Fort Worth play as large of a part in the current culture of the DFW metro area as any suburb or Dallas itself.

Translation: " the hyper-criticism of anything Dallas does not apply to it's urban neighbor so we can focus on the 'common enemy'!"

Reality: Fort Worth play as large of a part in the current culture of the DFW metro area as any suburb or Dallas itself.

I don't think so it's just that Red and I had more life experience in Cowtown nothing more/nothing less.

I wish the people from Dallas/Fort Worth would concentrate on my Berger Lake thread.http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=8189 as they do with the the Dallas vs Houston nonsense.

Fort Worth isn't a suburb.

good lord, did txdave say that it was? No he didn't. Reread the post.

How do you not interpret that any other way?

How do you not interpret that any other way?

My interpretation of the statement is that Fort Worth is as important to DFW as Dallas or any suburb. I don't read anything that implies that Fort Worth is a suburb; in fact, it says that it is as important culturally as Dallas.

My interpretation of the statement is that Fort Worth is as important to DFW as Dallas or any suburb. I don't read anything that implies that Fort Worth is a suburb; in fact, it says that it is as important culturally as Dallas.

Exactly the interpretation that I got too.

I for one get tired of people in Dallas and other places that try to discount Fort Worth - it's a great city that has a lot of good stuff to offer much of which can't be found on the other side of the Metroplex. I live in Dallas, and I really like Dallas. But I also really like Fort Worth. Why the hell does it seem like I'm in the minority here?

I don't think that anybody on HAIF is saying that Dallas doesn't have a culture or that it isn't important. We're only saying that Fort Worth's is better. :D

• The title was changed to Port of Fort Worth Developments

Archived