Millionaire Counties

The only one in the top 10 that would surprise me would be Seattle. I'm assuming there are a lot of millionaires in CA in RE alone.

But isn't Seattle hip and all? I was more surprised by Maricopa County, Phoenix seems to be attaracting a wealthier clientele than I thought possible...

But isn't Seattle hip and all? I was more surprised by Maricopa County, Phoenix seems to be attaracting a wealthier clientele than I thought possible...

Keep in mind that their property values are shooting up disproportionately like in CA. This could lead to more millionaires with less buying power than in TX.

Keep in mind that their property values are shooting up disproportionately like in CA. This could lead to more millionaires with less buying power than in TX.

Are you talking about Seattle or Phoenix (I think you're talking about the former, but just so we're on the same page)?

Remember that this isn't ranked by percentage of total county population but by total number of millionaires. Maricopa County, AZ is huge relatively speaking (almost the same size as Harris County population wise) so it would make sense that there are a lot of millionaires as a raw number.

On the other hand, Palm Beach County, Florida, which is less than half the size of either Harris or Maricopa County, has almost as many total millionaires. Thus, PBC has a greater percentage of millionaires.

EDIT: Then again, Harris County #6 is closer in total number of millionaires to #3 Orange County than Palm Beach County #9 is to Harris County. But I digress.

Edited by The Great Hizzy!

which ones in particular?

maricopa in particular but maybe the retirees are headed that way in greater numbers than i had imagined. also kind of surprising that the east coast is millionaire poor. counties could be smaller.