Chevron Gas Station At 922 W. Alabama St.

OkieEric

Does anyone know of anything planned for that abandoned gas station on the corner of Montrose and W Alabama? I noticed that it was taped off this morning and was surprised to see that it had been demolished when I drove home this evening... Hopefully not just a newer gas station, lol

Sorry if I missed a thread regarding it...

I don't know this for a fact, but aren't all the older gas stations being torn down to do environmental remediations on the underground storage tanks?

They've recently closed two gas stations on Scott near 610, replaced the underground tanks, and reopened the gas stations.

Others I've seen completely demolished, soil remediated, and another development goes up on top after the site is "clean". Usually it's a CVS. :)

I hope they do something with it, it looks (looked?) ugly. At least they tore it down... but I hope it doesn't sit vacant for too long. Montrose seems like too active of an area for it to be empty for too long.

I hope they do something with it, it looks (looked?) ugly. At least they tore it down... but I hope it doesn't sit vacant for too long. Montrose seems like too active of an area for it to be empty for too long.

Agreed - that's a pretty nice corner location, so I can't imagine it sitting vacant for long. Then again, it sat abandoned for quite a while, so who knows? It'd be nice to see some sort of sign up about future plans, but maybe there just aren't any at this point? Hard to imagine them demolishing it for no reason

• 7 months later...

Well, it has looked ugly for quite a while - surprisingly long since it's what I would consider pretty decent real estate. I finally noticed some action there this morning, but thus far it's only dirt work. I just hope we don't wind up with another gas station or a bank :) The online permit search isn't working for me for some reason

Well, it has looked ugly for quite a while - surprisingly long since it's what I would consider pretty decent real estate. I finally noticed some action there this morning, but thus far it's only dirt work. I just hope we don't wind up with another gas station or a bank :) The online permit search isn't working for me for some reason

This afternoon I saw 2 tanks ready for burial.

• 1 month later...

Anybody know what's up at the old gas station lot at Montrose and Alabama? There is an outhouse, a bunch of machines and the concrete has been removed. Hopefully it's something good, it's a nice location.

Also, I noticed a variance sign in front of the Turkish sandwich shop (DNR?) near Montrose and the 59. Any ideas about that one?

Anybody know what's up at the old gas station lot at Montrose and Alabama? There is an outhouse, a bunch of machines and the concrete has been removed. Hopefully it's something good, it's a nice location.

Also, I noticed a variance sign in front of the Turkish sandwich shop (DNR?) near Montrose and the 59. Any ideas about that one?

There's an existing thread on that gas station lot - someone else mentioned (and I observed) some large tanks being buried as they were starting the dirt work. Definitely a great location, but I'm guessing that means another gas station?

Recently? I remember last year when they tore the old pumps and buildings down, I think there was a thread about it, but it has been quiet for a year until just recently. I hope it's not another gas station. There's one right across the street from it!

EDIT: Or is that just auto repair across from it...

Recently? I remember last year when they tore the old pumps and buildings down, I think there was a thread about it, but it has been quiet for a year until just recently. I hope it's not another gas station. There's one right across the street from it!

EDIT: Or is that just auto repair across from it...

Here's the thread

Looks like the tanks were noticed in late December - I remember they definitely looked new, and not like something they had just dug up. I don't know much about underground tanks, so here's hoping it's for something else...and yes, there's a Shell on the other side of Montrose

Got some scoop on this one from a reliable source...the "new" gas station will be "much more than a gas station" and feature a mini food-court.

Also, once the new gas station goes up, the gas station on the other side of Montrose will be torn down, to be replaced with "boutiques".

• The title was changed to End Of A Gas Station
  • The title was changed to Chevron Gas Station At 922 W. Alabama St.

Archived