What's Up With Burning Pear?

energyman2005

Why is the Burning Pear having so much trouble? The wife and I went on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and it was COMPLETELY EMPTY! We parked on the top level of the parking garage, everything else was packed, and there was not one person in this restaurant. We've enjoyed it each time we've gone! I just don't get it. Good food at reasonable prices, huge portions, nice atmosphere.

What's the deal? Am I missing something?

Why is the Burning Pear having so much trouble? The wife and I went on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and it was COMPLETELY EMPTY! We parked on the top level of the parking garage, everything else was packed, and there was not one person in this restaurant. We've enjoyed it each time we've gone! I just don't get it. Good food at reasonable prices, huge portions, nice atmosphere.

The "reasonable prices" thing must be new. I work in Sugar Land and tried Burning Pear for lunch a couple of times when it was new. For my $20 lunch I got what I considered to be "okay for hotel-restaurant" food and sketchy service -- though I admit I don't exactly remember what I found objectionable about either.

I haven't been back since.

The "reasonable prices" thing must be new. I work in Sugar Land and tried Burning Pear for lunch a couple of times when it was new. For my $20 lunch I got what I considered to be "okay for hotel-restaurant" food and sketchy service -- though I admit I don't exactly remember what I found objectionable about either.

I haven't been back since.

It's the name - who would go to the "BURNING PEAR"? Might as well call it "LE GARBAGE DUMPE"!

Hmm, have they been able to get a good number of customers in the past? Maybe people are just burned out since the newness of the place may have worn off.

It's one of the few places I've missed on my trips through SL in the past... tell me, what's it like there? Any menu recommendations?

We had a meeting there with an attorney last month. For us, it was a hassle because we had to go to Sugarland. For the lawyer, it was a hassle because he had to pay for the Luby's class fare in addition to paying an 18% gratuity. Needless to say, he didn't get the job.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to What's Up With Burning Pear?