Just Visited Galveston

Well I just came back from galveston after spending 5 days there. I ate 3 dinners at Bennos-always the same thing-Grilled snapper. The potatoes are awesome. I tried the red beans and rice and was disapointed-kind of bland.

It seems the 3 lb crayfish platter was the hot mover there.

On another note I saw a cockroach for the first time at one of my houses. Jeeze it was big. Kind of makes me nervous when I turn of the light to go to sleep. Anyways, will an exterminator get rid of these or are they indestructable? here in california I've never had roaches at any house I've lived in.

This weekend was Beach weekend. Galveston was bracing itself but I think it was pretty quiet. Driving in on Friday I noticed no difference in traffic. I left saturday so maybe everyone arrived then.

Well I just came back from galveston after spending 5 days there. I ate 3 dinners at Bennos-always the same thing-Grilled snapper. The potatoes are awesome. I tried the red beans and rice and was disapointed-kind of bland.

It seems the 3 lb crayfish platter was the hot mover there.

On another note I saw a cockroach for the first time at one of my houses. Jeeze it was big. Kind of makes me nervous when I turn of the light to go to sleep. Anyways, will an exterminator get rid of these or are they indestructable? here in california I've never had roaches at any house I've lived in.

This weekend was Beach weekend. Galveston was bracing itself but I think it was pretty quiet. Driving in on Friday I noticed no difference in traffic. I left saturday so maybe everyone arrived then.

...................and you didn't try Tortuga's because????????????????????????????????????????????

I get a lot of mexican food here in california, but not much cajun style food. I'veseen that place though.

Man, you go to Gaido's to eat in Galveston. That is Galveston history right there. Benno's is good for a quick lunch if you want a Po-Boy.

Your Cockroach sounds like a Palmetto Bug. Big ol' 3in. Tree Roach, and they fly. YIKES ! I hate them also. I would not have turned out the light until I found him squished on the bottom of my shoe.

Not sure what part of Cal. your in but when I visit the SFO Bay Area there is the place called

The Fish Market. Just the entree of fried oysters fills me up! The oysters are so huge. These guys all pretty much all around the Silicon Valley area. Check it out! I will always worship this place! :P

http://www.thefishmarket.com/

Oh and Gladstone's on the The Malibu Pier has the best seafood I have ever ate next to this place! Biggest Alaskan King Crab Legs ever!

http://www.gladstones.com/

Not sure what part of Cal. your in but when I visit the SFO Bay Area there is the place called

The Fish Market. Just the entree of fried oysters fills me up! The oysters are so huge. These guys all pretty much all around the Silicon Valley area. Check it out! I will always worship this place! :P

http://www.thefishmarket.com/

Oh and Gladstone's on the The Malibu Pier has the best seafood I have ever ate next to this place! Biggest Alaskan King Crab Legs ever!

http://www.gladstones.com/

I know Gaidos has a long history in Galveston. I'm usually rushing around so Gaidos looks like a real sit down place. I will be going back in a few weeks so maybe I will try it out.

I live in the bay area so if the fish market has good fish I will check it out. I dislike all shellfish so I usually don't go to seafood places unless they have good fish

I know down there they sometimes call cockroaches palmeto bugs which doesn't sound to bad, but I hate roaches. Supposedly they are the most indestrucatable animals on earth. They can tolerate a lot except a godd squishing which grosses me out.

I live in the bay area so if the fish market has good fish I will check it out. I dislike all shellfish so I usually don't go to seafood places unless they have good fish

The Fish Market is tops! I am almost certain I went to the one on El Camino Real in San Mateo and the one in Santa Clara. Nice ambiance and not too expensive. God, I wish I were there like now! I still cant figure out why in the world you would want Galveston seafood, no comparing to N. California. Sorry Texans :P Maybe that didnt sound good but its the truth.

I know down there they sometimes call cockroaches palmeto bugs which doesn't sound to bad, but I hate roaches. Supposedly they are the most indestrucatable animals on earth. They can tolerate a lot except a godd squishing which grosses me out.

Yeah, they pretty much ask for another hit of RAID when you spray it on them. I found one looking in my refrigerator late one night, and asked me where the juice boxes were, and if I had any miracle whip to go on his Dagwood sandwich. I have also had to grab my Desert Eagle a couple of times and draw down on those Roaches, they are scary BIG !

Yeah, they pretty much ask for another hit of RAID when you spray it on them. I found one looking in my refrigerator late one night, and asked me where the juice boxes were, and if I had any miracle whip to go on his Dagwood sandwich. I have also had to grab my Desert Eagle a couple of times and draw down on those Roaches, they are scary BIG !

some places have geckos in the house to eat the bugs. I haven't seen any geckos in any of my 4 houses except a small one outside. I think the big roaches ate them :)

I used to see those huge roaches in the house and despised them, I still hate them. I also wouldn't want to lay in bed knowing it was still scurrying around close to me somewhere.

But lately i have been seeing some German Roaches in the bathroom, I hear those are the worst because then you know you have a problem with them somewhere. Yikes.

I used to see geckos also but not so much lately, maybe those damn roaches did eat them.

My father-in-law loves to pick those suckers up and squash them in his hand. He thinks is so fun to gross us all out!! *gags*

I keep monitor lizards and they would love to dine on those big roaches. It would be like a crunchy creme filled snack to them. They are 4 feet long and very quick. ferocious predators.

Went to Benno's again yesterday, delicious!

Place was packed but still managed to get a big helping of fish and shrimp. Still cant beat the prices for a seawall dinner. I was imagining I was looking out over the Malibu Pier though. :blush:

• The title was changed to Just Visited Galveston

Archived