What Would You Call Spring?

c4smok

Having grown up in that area, I'd say you're pretty much dead on (especially on the 1960 side). Good map.

Even though the Klein area is a Spring physical address, it's not really Spring - it's Klein and your map shows it correctly.

Here's my map of Cypress and surrounding areas:

Map of NW Harris County Communities

Jrsey Village doesnt extend inside the loop...

That's BW8, and although you're right that the municipality of Jersey Village doesn't get inside the Beltway, it would be fair to say that the Jersey Village area does.

Right.. meant the beltway...

I can understand in areas that are unincorported with no definate boundaries, refering to the greater surroundings as the "___ area" makes sense... But Jersey Village is a municipality with boundaries.

One wouldn't say, I live in the Bellaire area.... either you do or you don't. West U and Meyerland might take offense at being grouped with Bellaire.

Those neighborhoods inside the beltway, Up fairbanks and Windfern certainly don't consider themselves part of Jersey Village - Creekside Estates South, Rolling Fork, Woodwind Lakes, Oakwood Forest, Burger Estates, Woodland Trails.

I know I'm being overly sensitive, but having lived there in 2 separate neighbohood for nearly 2 decades, I take offense at being grouped with JV and I would say its not fair to describe those neighborhoods as the Jersey Village area becasue as a former longtime resident, I feel those in that area would not use "JErsey Village area" to describe themselves...

Anyways...

Guest Marty

If you look at the Harris County Appraisal District web site it will shows the boundaries of Spring and Cypress TX according to the government. :)

• The title was changed to What Would You Call Spring?

Archived