Dallas Lights Up another one

Wow... a fifteen story "skyscraper" .... Houston, we gotta start buildin' :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But it has an H on the front and red, white and blue lights. Wheeeeee...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Emporis online has Houston with 825 buildings to Dallas' 497 .... ouch .... maybe Houston is waaaaayyyyy bigger than Dallas... huh? :P

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... a fifteen story "skyscraper" .... Houston, we gotta start buildin' :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But it has an H on the front and red, white and blue lights. Wheeeeee...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Emporis online has Houston with 825 buildings to Dallas' 497 .... ouch .... maybe Houston is waaaaayyyyy bigger than Dallas... huh? :P

Thank you. Now anytime someone makes the remark about Dallas posters stirring up trouble on this board, I can simply refer them to this post. Bookmarked.

I was thinking about the same thing recently. About how Dallas' skyline looks about the same as it did in the opening credits of "Dallas". In contrast, I watched a movie about a year or two ago, also from the '80s, that featured Houston's downtown skyline and I burst out laughing because I thought they filmed some random city's skyline and tried to pass it off as Houston. It turns out it was Houston's downtown skyline and I didn't recognize it.

This wasn't intended to stir anything; just an observation. I noticed that this thread seemed really popular so I decided I'd check it out.

I was thinking about the same thing recently. About how Dallas' skyline looks about the same as it did in the opening credits of "Dallas". In contrast, I watched a movie about a year or two ago, also from the '80s, that featured Houston's downtown skyline and I burst out laughing because I thought they filmed some random city's skyline and tried to pass it off as Houston. It turns out it was Houston's downtown skyline and I didn't recognize it.

This wasn't intended to stir anything; just an observation. I noticed that this thread seemed really popular so I decided I'd check it out.

If I recall, the opening credits show Dallas from the west; most of the major towers shown (BOA, Renaissance, Reunion) were in place. However, since the opening was filmed (I am guessing '84) the overall skyline added several towers: Chase, Fountain Place, Bank One are the ones that come to mind. Of course, Uptown didn't exist back then.

Thank you. Now anytime someone makes the remark about Dallas posters stirring up trouble on this board, I can simply refer them to this post. Bookmarked.

Good. Work your show!!! Work it..... Work it.... :lol::lol::lol:

15 floors .... ohhhhhhh ... gotta work for Dallas..... cause it won't get press down here. :P

Bookmark this! :lol::P:D:lol:

I checked out Emporis:

Houston's big year was 1983; of their top 25 tallest, 7 were built in '83, but only 3 since.

Dallas didn't have a single big year, but '84 - '88 Dallas added 6 of its top 25 tallest, and none since '88.

Archived