Army Navy Surplus Store

Does anyone remember a army surplus store on either Wayside or 69th back in the 60's and 70's? I was located between Harrisburg and Navagation but I can t recall the name? It was just a small square white building on the west side of the street.

Does anyone remember a army surplus store on either Wayside or 69th back in the 60's and 70's? I was located between Harrisburg and Navagation but I can t recall the name? It was just a small square white building on the west side of the street.

It was on Wayside over near the Stephen's Drive In we would always see it on the right coming back from eating. If memory serves right, it had a huge white missile pointed at an angle. Looked like you could just hop on it and ride to the moon. I remember stopping to buy old army jackets as they were becoming popular to wear to school in the late 70's. All you had to do was have mom sew rock n roll patches on the front & back and you were cool, and long hair helped too! They also sold empty grenades and all sorts of artillary. Wouldn't muster in todays society of course. It closed or moved by the late 80's. -_-

It was on Wayside over near the Stephen's Drive In we would always see it on the right coming back from eating. If memory serves right, it had a huge white missile pointed at an angle. Looked like you could just hop on it and ride to the moon. I remember stopping to buy old army jackets as they were becoming popular to wear to school in the late 70's. All you had to do was have mom sew rock n roll patches on the front & back and you were cool, and long hair helped too! They also sold empty grenades and all sorts of artillary. Wouldn't muster in todays society of course. It closed or moved by the late 80's. -_-

I forgot about the missle. My brother bought a german helmet there. I also had a army jacket with the patches. Mine had a big pink floyd dark side of the moon triangle on the back and a woodstock over the left pocket. I was so cool. lol

I forgot about the missle. My brother bought a german helmet there. I also had a army jacket with the patches. Mine had a big pink floyd dark side of the moon triangle on the back and a woodstock over the left pocket. I was so cool. lol

There is a great Army Supply store in the 6000 block of Westhiemer and it does a rocking business. I bought all the army and camo stuff to do my son's room in.

There used to be a very similar store over on Park Place near The Burger Hause. It was a store for HPD and FBI/CIA type of people. Why it was opened to the public I'll never know? The store had everything you wanted to start your own uprising. They had face shields & helmets to wear in the event of a mob riot. They even had little booklets that gave instruction on how to fight and beat rioters, tear gas the whole bit! I was like what the heck!? Much, Too much! I recall seeing a book that had how to make explosives at home, what! Could you imagine if it were there today? Not. Too many Timothy Mcvies running around, heck maybe its these kind of places that inspired that dimwit. :)

I had to think for a minute what Stephens drive in was then I remember thats what they changed to after it was Princes. Man I could use a shrimp basket about now.

I had to think for a minute what Stephens drive in was then I remember thats what they changed to after it was Princes. Man I could use a shrimp basket about now.

Here ya go with "extra" tartar sauce! Their Onion rings were the best ever too!

9887140.GIF

Archived